Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing cost-effective multi-day energy storage systems to enable the global electricity system to run on 100% low-cost renewable energy, every day of the year. Driven by Form’s core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, our team is deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We seek to transform the energy landscape and do our part in making the world better for all. We are supported by leading investors who share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage will be a key enabler of tomorrow’s zero carbon electric system.
Form Energy is commercializing its groundbreaking iron-air battery technology as we scale from chemistry experiments to lab prototypes to production of large, full-scale multi-day energy storage systems. The Sr. Technical Writer will play a key role in establishing standards and best practices for authoring, publishing, organizing, and maintaining operating procedures(SOPs) that will become the basis of how we build, test, and deploy our battery systems.
This role offers the opportunity to impact teams in the engineering lab, the prototype shop floor, and in high-visibility field deployments as you bring your experience in engineering and manufacturing of large electro-chemical or electro-mechanical products to our team.
What You'll Do
- Establish best practices for authoring, approving, and publishing SOPs and other technical documentation within Form
- Review and establish standards for SOPs and work instructions
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions
- Define a writing style that can be consistent across multiple document types
- Implement a robust version control system for SOPs on the shop floor and in labs to enable a single source of truth
- Support technicians, engineers, and scientists with copyediting for readability and fitness
- Work with EHS and other teams to ensure that our documentation complies with regulations
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in providing technical documentation for electro-mechanical, electro-chemical, or electronic products
- Experience in writing technical documentation or SOPs in both engineering/prototyping and manufacturing/production environments
- Strong cross-functional skills to collaborate across engineering, NPI, and technical operations teams, and effectively navigate a growing organization
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and operations concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Expert knowledge of authoring tools and platforms for technical documentation
- Strong attention to detail, superb communications skills, and excellent written English
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.