Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
Fairmarkit is a rapidly growing, automation-powered intelligent sourcing platform that helps enterprises to manage their tail spend sourcing capabilities and enables strategic sourcing events, while driving down costs and increasing efficiency. By acting as a central source of information for buyers, Fairmarkit enables businesses to have access to structured reporting across all types of purchases.
Fairmarkit is looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated Technical Writer to produce high-quality technical content for our end users. You are passionate about providing a high-quality and enjoyable content experience for developers that helps drive product adoption and customer success.
You know how to work collaboratively with other writers, Product Management, Engineering, customers, and others to create the technical topics and examples. As a technical writer, you are ultimately responsible for the complete lifecycle of the content experience for your assigned area of the product and take pride in delivering excellent content that enables our customers to achieve their goals.
If you are a problem-solver who can deliver quality content in a demanding environment under tight deadlines, then this may be your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level on a small, agile writing team at a fast-growing company. This is a great opportunity to be a critical part of an innovative, fast-growing team.
What You'll Do
- Gather a deep understanding of the key end user personas who use Fairmarkit’s platform.
- You understand all of the core user journeys and business processes that Fairmarkit automates, and are able to thoroughly document them.
- You understand our other technologies well enough to write topics for larger team deliverables and have developed a strong relationship with Engineering to manage successful tech review of new or existing content.
- You will evaluate one or more documentation sets, implement organizational and structural changes, and take ownership of the process of peer and technical reviews of your content.
- Ensure active collaboration with cross-functional teams within Fairmarkit including engineering, product management, UX and support to drive effective product documentation.
- You proactively respond to and seek documentation feedback from internal and external customers.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of experience working as a technical writer
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to empathize with the customer
- Belief that content is an integral part of the entire product experience
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and markup language, such as AsciiDoc preferred.
- Exceptional writing skills with focus on content structure, style, and use case-driven content
- Strong understanding of agile software development
- Enjoy learning new technology
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.