We’re looking for a creative and curious technical writer to create technical documents that explain complex information in a clear and concise manner. In this role you would need to provide and maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation. These technical documents may include product specification, installation guides, user guides, maintenance manuals, training documents, etc.
ETI-NET is the world leader in critical data backup for industries that never stop. We develop software that allows Nonstop servers to access modern storage technologies. ETI-NET is now recognized for its ability to provide advanced components to leading data centers worldwide.
For more than 25 years, hundreds of the world’s largest companies have been using ETI-NET software because of our unique expertise, flawless experience and reputation for excellence.
- Works closely with Engineers, Specialists, and Managers to gather documentation information.
- Defines the scope and content of the documentation based on the client needs and requirements.
- Creates and designs technical documentation, user guides and Online Help guides.
- Accountable for proposal technical documentation and content library creation and maintenance
- Studies documentation requirements and ensures a compliant document is developed.
- Provides estimates on documentation impact.
- Proposes methods, processes or tools to improve documentation creation and maintenance efficiency.
- Reviews user interface terminology to ensure consistency and clarity as requested.
- Conducts usability reviews prior to distribution.
- Initiates modifications to the documentation.
- Maintains an industry-standard technical document format
- Completion of University degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, or another related field
- Demonstrated experience with various document types such as Online Help Manual, Release Notes, Technical Guides, etc.
- Experience with FrameMaker, RoboHelp and MadCap Flare.
- Familiar with structured writing, topic-based authoring, HTML/CSS, Agile software development.
- Excellent knowledge of general IT terms and Windows OS
- Familiar with version control system such as SVN, Git
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bilingual in French and English.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to write succinctly and persuasively.
- Previous experience working in the Technical Writing field.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Downtown offices (1-minute walk from McGill Metro)
- Work within a successful, dynamic and growing organization