For over 70 years, we have been designing and building high performance, commercial quality products. From our humble beginnings in Japan with a simple hand-held crop duster, we have grown to become a technological leader and well-respected global brand. Today the company sells its products in North America through eight distributors managing 6,600 independent dealers. An additional 24 Latin American distributors sell ECHO products through a variety of channels. ECHO products can be found in Home Depot stores in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Are you creative with a passion for precision? We are looking for a talented technical writer that can produce high quality manuals, Quick Start Guides, Parts Catalogs, and other various ECHO publications. Are you a mechanical engineer that also has a flare for writing and training? If so, apply here!
For more information please visit our website at www.echo-usa.com
- Use your creativity to develop Operator’s Manuals, Quick Start Guides, Parts Catalogs, bulletins, instruction sheets and manual supplements for all ECHO market areas according to the Technical Publication schedule.
- This role is also responsible for the development, gathering, and dissemination of technical information through ECHO’s communications channels.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards, uses easy-to-understand user interface text, and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product, specifications, and the documentation requirements.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities, maintain and improve formatting, layout, use of Solidworks Composer 3-D CAD drawings, line drawings, and photos.
- Manage proper naming conventions, revision control, and file storing procedures.
- Create and maintain the information architecture (layout & design) distribute and track original electronic document files in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Coordinate language translation requirements to minimize translation costs.
- Ability to cross train with other department technical writers to learn/teach/utilize InDesign, FrameMaker desktop publication software and Solidworks Composer files to help out in all areas of publications when required.
- Assist ECHO internal departments with language development, writing preparation, and other company communications when needed
Job Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum three years’ experience in technical writing and desktop publishing desired.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts, develop easily understandable text and pictures, and deliver high quality documentation about the product.
- Excellent written skills in English, ability to work with multiple languages.
- Must be proficient in electronic document development, desktop publishing with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Adobe Suite, InDesign, and Frame Maker software.
- Solidworks Composer Software or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to meet strict deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.