Dfns is a cybersecurity company that builds custody SaaS protocol for web3 apps. Think of it as a developer tool that provides secure cloud for crypto. Our mission is to bring serenity to DeFi by eliminating new blockchain risks and making crypto transactions easier, faster, more affordable, and compliant with existing regulations.
From fintechs to large banks to e-commerce sites, Dfns gives financial institutions and businesses the freedom to own and transfer crypto on a battle-designed security infrastructure. Our API is designed to offer best-in-class developer experience allowing any platform to deploy custodial wallets in a matter of days, with streamlined feature delivery and frequent security upgrades.
Founded in 2020 in Paris, Dfns is a startup incubated at Station F (awarded Future 40), accelerated by Techstars and recognized DeepTech by the French Ministry of Economy. Our company is fully remote with offices in Paris, Amsterdam, New York, London, Stockholm, Sofia, and other cities.
You will contribute to one of the most ambitious technology projects in crypto today: building a trustless custody infrastructure for the trillion-dollar digital asset industry.
You will join an amazing team of leaders (CTO, CPO, CMO) and experts (Software Engineers, Cryptographers, R&D Engineers) in a highly challenging and collaborative environment.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
As Technical Writer, you are a skilled wordsmith who has proven experience in developing product manuals like API documentation, how-to guides, website help sections, journal articles, and other content that distills technical information with ease and clarity. You make processes easy to understand and products a breeze to use.
Your primary goal will be to deliver high-quality product documentation from concept to completion, ensuring that each document delivers the correct information in a way that is easy-to-understand and easy-to-use.
Example of a primary metric would be NPS.
Your Day-to-Day Projects Will Involve
- Obtaining a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Producing and editing the API documentation as well as any customer-facing product doc.
- Developing comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Writing user-friendly content that meets the needs of our clients, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Developing and maintaining detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluating current content and developing innovative approaches for improvement.
- Researching, outlining, writing, and editing new and existing content, working closely with various teams to understand project requirements.
- Independently gathering information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Working with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise, edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and storage.
- Researching, creating, and maintaining information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Developing content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- 6+ years experience as a Technical Writer.
- Hands-on experience and willingness to contribute to open source projects.
- Proven track record working on developer tools, cybersecurity software, infrastructure products, and/or API products.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Firm understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Previous software development experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills.
- [Bonus] Proven work experience in blockchain, DeFi and/or cybersecurity industries.
- [Bonus] Extensive knowledge about the crypto custody industry and its use cases.
- [Bonus] Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators or similar.
- [Bonus] As much foreign languages as possible.
- Title: Technical Writer
- Salary: €80-160K / year (avg base range).
- Equity: 0.1-0.2% (≈ €3.6-7.2M in case of €2B exit).
- Bonus: Peer and spot bonuses after 8 months with us.
- Location: Hybrid. You can either work in our offices, from home, or remote.
- Paid time off: No less than 30 days per year, plus national holidays.
Employee benefits: healthcare, life insurance, retirement plan, sponsored transportation, gym cards, food, Apple devices and home office equipment, tuition fee assistance, team retreats, and more.