We are looking for a highly-motivated Technical Writer to join our growing engineering team at Datica. In this position, you will be responsible for creating high-quality technical and product documentation for the Datica product, code named Marvl. Datica customers rely on our documentation to get themselves up and running quickly and efficiently. As the Technical Writer you will ensure that the Platform is clearly and concisely described in documentation.
To be successful in this role, you must be technically oriented enough to understand our user’s complex needs. You must be willing to dive deep into how the Platform works and understand the architecture at a fundamental level in order to develop useful documentation, tutorials, training materials and more.
What You Do At Datica
- Understand where our documentation gaps are and then close those gaps by creating and executing on a content plan
- Develop new content for each new feature that we release within the DCC Platform (Marvl)
- Reaching out to users to understand where they think our documentation gaps are and then creating and executing on a plan to fix those
- Help reduce our support pipeline by writing documentation allowing customers to better troubleshoot and fix issues
- Develop content in various media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Research, plan, write, edit and coordinate the development of required product literature in the appropriate timeframes for product support, development and launch, in compliance with company operating procedures, work instructions and regulatory requirements
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional project teams to acquire source material for documents and to develop understanding of products and processes
- Collaborate with document users and product managers to ensure accuracy, quality, clarity and effectiveness of documentation
- Maintain a library of technical documentation, cataloging it for internal and external use
- Assist in planning, scheduling and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables
- Assist marketing with technical information for marketing materials and support
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
Why You Are a Fit For Datica
- Positive attitude, collaborative and adept at every changing priority
- Strong orientation for detail, organization and high-quality standards
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally including those with limited technical aptitude
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with an eye for prioritization.
Your Skillset Includes
- Experience working with Engineering, Marketing & Sales to improve user experience and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Basic knowledge and experience editing and utilizing photos and videos for use in technical documents
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (oral, written and presentation) with the ability to handle technical and complex data
- Experience using Engineering and Documentation platforms such as Gitlab, Confluence, Postman, Jira, Zendesk.
- Degree in Technical Writing, Technical Communications or related field
- 5+ years of Technical Writing experience
- Ability to understand technical implementations of Restful API’s, User Interfaces, etc.
At Datica, Our Culture Makes a Difference
- We value each other
- We aretransparent
- We believe that each member of our team drivesfocusand thateveryone isaccountable.
- We appreciate having the ability to collaborate withhighly motivated, smart and talented people on challenging problems as we work to simplify cloud compliance.