At Dash, our goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for a technical writer responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation related to the core components of the Dash ecosystem. You will work closely with engineers and developers in our open source, agile environment to aid in communicating technical information to audiences both inside and outside the organization.
You will also have opportunities to work with both the Core blockchain and Dash Platform, our layer 2 solution for creating decentralized Web3 applications.
- Create, develop, and design public-facing written content and documentation to enhance the experience for our community of developers and users
- Design, write and update high quality documentation including user guides, developer documentation, API references, technical/architecture documentation, FAQs, video tutorials, and technical support documentation for key aspects of our system
- Write documentation for new products or features after experimenting with them and learning from the development team
- Proactively identify gaps in the documentation
- Edit and review content created by others for technical accuracy and clarity
- 3+ years experience working on software documentation, ideally in the blockchain space
- Exceptional English writing, editing, and communication skills. Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to simplify complex technical systems in writing and visually with diagrams
- Strong affinity for developers with a good understanding of the landscape of tools and technologies developers use to bring products to market
- Proficient with markup languages such as Markdown and reStructuredText
- Previous development experience in any language
- Experience working with source code, using Github, and contributing to open-source projects
- Ability to operate independently and take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Good understanding of the blockchain industry and a passion for the technology
Nice To Have
- Experience with cryptocurrency, blockchains, or fintech (strongly desired)
- Comfortable with command-line and Linux CLI tools
- Experience with Transifex or similar translation tools
- Experience with basic graphic design and video production
- Experience working on a fully remote team
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of cryptocurrency
- Work on a fully remote team
- Work alongside passionate people
- This is an opportunity where you can have oversized impacts and drive innovation
- Work in an open-source environment
Location / Compensation
- This is a fully remote position
- Preference will be given to applicants that overlap with the EST time zone
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location.