At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Documentation at Couchbase is a crucial component of the product experience. Couchbase documentation enables developers and system administrators to effectively use Couchbase in their environment.
As a Technical Writer for Developer documentation, you are passionate about explaining complex technologies in useful ways for the target audience. You are naturally curious about software and technology, and learn complex technologies relatively quickly. You have an engineering background and mindset that’ll help you stand in the target user’s (developers) shoes. You wield strong interpersonal skills and work well with a global team of technical writers and stakeholders (product managers, engineers, quality engineers, and support engineers) on a daily basis.
- Create new content and update existing developer documentation content.
- Add examples and tutorials to demonstrate how to use various product features effectively, ensuring that the samples take best practices into account.
- Engage with developers to gather feedback on developer content, and iterate quickly and frequently to keep the content relevant and up-to-date.
- Write clearly in English, using a simple, conversational tone.
- Engineering background – been an engineer, developer, developer-advocate, or a similar role in the past
- Learn complex technologies relatively quickly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing.
- Experience creating and/or modifying, and executing samples.
- Experience with text-based authoring with Asciidoc or Markdown, docs-as-code philosophy, and collaborative authoring practices.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
*2020 Bay Area Best Place to Work
*Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020
*Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
*Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019
*Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018
*Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.