Our client, a leader in the cyber security industry, is looking for a skilled Technical Writer to join their team for a long term remote assignment.
The client is seeking a Technical Writer to join a fast-paced agile software development team that builds and supports a variety of highly scalable data management and analytic platforms.
Responsibilities will include
- Capturing, writing, and editing standard operating procedures, processes, project documentation, intranet content, user guides, training materials, and other software product documentation.
- These documents will be in support of various certifications and accreditations. This position will work on a collaborative team that will evaluate, recommend, plan and execute technical content.
- Degree in English, Journalism, or a combination of related work experience, technical training, and professional certifications.
- Create, edit, modify, and maintain version control of forms/documents and SOP to ensure timely updating of policies, procedure, process, and the identification of issue items
- Provide technical writing for template and ad hoc reports.
- Coordinate with IT business owners, customers, consultants, and others to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to ensure timely completion of documentation, testing, publishing, and reporting for compliance
- Provide IT change management and problem solving for consistent documentation update, facilitation, coordination, and communication management of issues
- Work with development team and leadership to recommend and implement best practice solutions, enhancing process improvement
- Provide written weekly status updates to include timeline, risks, and challenges
- Ongoing coordination with Product Development team members and IT Stakeholders in writing and via phone
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets SAP specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style
- Minimum 15 years experience working in IT
- Ability to work remotely, protentional to travel on site up to 10%
- US Citizen and reside in the United States
- Previous experience with software documentation.
- Previous experience with FedRAMP Authorization, NIST-800-53, NIST 800-171 Certification and Accreditation, or similar Accreditation documentation.