Aviatrix is a well-funded, pre-IPO, hyper-growth enterprise-software company based in the heart of Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, CA). Aviatrix technology has proven solid at scale with nearly 600 enterprise customers, over 40 of the Global Fortune 500. We have a top-tier, experienced leadership team, combined with a collaborative culture built on proven success, trust, execution, and respect. We’re focused on getting things done!
What We Do
Aviatrix is networking for the cloud era, delivering a superset of features and capabilities that leverage and control native cloud constructs and add advance network, security and operational visibility features that cloud providers lack, while maintaining the simplicity and automation enterprises expect in cloud.
Aviatrix offers the industry’s first and only multi-cloud networking certification (ACE), empowering IT to lead and accelerate the transformation to the cloud.
- Developing product reference architecture and white paper for networking IT practitioners and executives.
- Outlining the concepts, procedures, and reference materials required to support a positive documentation experience for the customer.
- Writing conceptual and instructional content including: Platform and feature overviews, architecture components and 3rd party vendor integrations, network planning and workflows, and procedures for deploying, configuring, and managing the Aviatrix platform features and ecosystem.
- Interviewing subject experts from development and support teams to define the customer requirements for writing projects
- Providing incremental development reviews for subject experts and wide audience reviews of mature drafts to ensure the content is accurate, complete, and satisfies customer needs
- Communicating the status of projects to team members
- Writing clear and concise documentation prolifically
- Assessing customer requirements for your documentation projects
- Quickly learning about new technical features, concepts, and procedures
- Attention to detail and the tenacity to track down answers to questions
- Reducing complex technical processes to easily understood concepts that are appropriate for the defined audience
- Using an XML editor to write content for Web Help, PDF, HTML, and other formats preferred
- Understanding of DITA structure, tags, and content creation rules preferred
- Installing, configuring, and using enterprise networking software products and cloud services
- Understanding of networking principals and cloud services
- Using screen capture, simple graphics, and network diagraming applications
- Using Microsoft Office tools and SharePoint for internal company communications
- Over 2 years of writing technical documentation for enterprise network software users and developers
- Installing, configuring, and managing the enterprise software products in your portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Computer Science preferred
- Applicants with other degrees and over 4 years senior technical writing experience will be considered
- Training and certifications for technical or writing achievements are a plus
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.