Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com.
As part of our Technical Communication team, you will work alongside other technical writers who are responsible for Avaloq’s user documentation. We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to creating documentation that meets the needs of our users, and improving their user experience. We are a very friendly and welcoming team and are passionate about creating quality documentation.
We use Agile processes to plan, create, maintain and publish web-based and PDF technical documentation – from business content to API reference material - which is used by Avaloq clients, partners, and employees. We also maintain and enhance our documentation platform.
We are looking for both experienced technical writers and entry level candidates.
What You Will Do
- Write, review and maintain product documentation
- Plan, schedule and deliver documentation to support software releases, often to tight deadlines
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts across multiple locations
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of our documentation platform and processes.
What we are looking for
- Ability to create documentation that is clear and simple and that meets the needs of users, with a strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills
- Ability to understand complex technical content and present it in a clear and easy-to-understand way
- Ability to collaborate with subject-matter experts and quickly establish good working relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a larger team
- Proactive approach and strong organisational skills
- Experience in technical writing would be good (ideally with a software development or financial background) but may not be essential
- Experience and/or understanding of Agile processes would be useful
- Knowledge of any of the following would be useful: MadCap Flare, source control (e.g. Git), HTML, CSS.
What we offer you
We offer competitive base salaries and a benefits package with private health and dental care as well as a generous pension. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year. In addition, If you go the extra mile, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. We also offer completely flexible home vs office working.
For those relocating to Edinburgh from overseas or elsewhere in the UK, we also offer a relocation package to make your move that little bit easier.
In addition, we also offer flexible working hours, casual dress code, an annual personal training budget, a modern and open-plan office, free coffee, tea and fruits, pool tables and table tennis as well as some charity team activities e.g. football competitions and shower facilities. We like to have regular themed social events due to our sociable, relaxed and friendly office culture.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.