Atypon (www.atypon.com), a John Wiley & Sons company, is the world’s largest technology company in the scholarly and professional publishing industry.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, and spread in five different countries, Atypon is renowned for its technological leadership when it comes to management and online delivery of professional and scholarly publisher content. Atypon's online publishing platform hosts more than 50% of the English-language Science, Technical, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) publications in the world.
We are looking for a Technical Writer who will be part of our documentation team in Athens. You will create and maintain release notes, user guides, system configuration, setup, and deployment manuals.
As a technical writer you are expected to have experience in writing for both technical and non-technical audiences. Following our style guides, you should create clear and concise instructions to help internal and external stakeholders.
You will collaborate with product managers, QA, and software development engineers to develop technical documentation. You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational team of talented professionals, enhance your technical writing skills, and familiarize with our unique, multi-featured software.
As a Technical Writer at Atypon, You Will
- Write documentation for new features and product areas for both internal and external audiences.
- Carefully follow minimalist writing standards and topic naming conventions.
- Edit and test existing documentation to improve documentation quality.
- Create screencast/video documentation snippets.
- Assist with marketing material, such as blog posts and whitepapers.
- Provide XML code examples in the documentation.
- Maintain version control for documentation and contribute to release notes.
- Author documentation in XML/DITA.
- Conduct training presentations for internal stakeholders.
- Maintain internal documentation for our account managers and solution architects.
- Produce online, context-sensitive help.
- Degree in computer science, technical writing, or equivalent experience.
- Native or very close to native English proficiency.
- Familiarity with DITA, reuse strategies, and minimalist writing is a plus.
- Demonstrated independence and strong project management skills.
- Extremely strong technical skills and modern technical savvy.
- At least 5 years combined experience in programming and/or software documentation.
- Experience with wikis and bug databases.
- Experience in working in a Scrum team, and working as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Availability for meetings that are outside of regular business hours.
- Ability to read Java or a similar language; programming experience is a plus.
- CSS and XSLT experience are a plus.
- Experience with GitHub.
- Unique opportunity to work with a Silicon Valley technology company in Athens
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to grow in a fast moving and dynamic organization with like-minded colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- Work from home possibilities (flexible hybrid model of work)
- Merit-based performance evaluation and objective setting
- Several on-the-job training opportunities
- Early Fridays during summer
- Extended paid parental leave.