At Algolia, we want to enable everyone to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences. Our API processes 1.5 trillion searches per year from customers all over the world.
The Developer Experience team is 100% focused on enabling developers to succeed with Algolia. We maintain the Algolia documentation, build relationships with the community, and develop solutions to make the developer experience with Algolia more seamless.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, autonomous Technical Writer with a strong sense of ownership, and the ambition to get involved in all aspects of Algolia’s documentation. You should be able to code and willing to continuously learn new technologies.
Your Role Will Consist Of
- Create. Create high-quality documentation that addresses user needs.
- Test. Be hands-on with the products you document. You will test your instructions, including the code examples.
- Collaborate. Work with product, engineering, education, marketing, and support teams to understand users’ pain points and what they need to succeed.
- Enable. Create guidelines, improve processes, and build relationships that enable other teams to contribute to the documentation.
- Analyze. Use data to measure the quality and impact of the documentation.
- Iterate. Improve existing documentation based on customer feedback, research, analytics, and evolving demands.
You Might Be a Fit if You Have
- Excellent written communication skills (English).
- Empathy for developers and their needs. You are passionate about enabling developers to succeed.
- Experience writing technical, developer-focused documentation.
- Experience with docs-as-code approaches (git, GitHub, Markdown, static-site generators).
- Experience with docs-as-code approaches (git, GitHub, Markdown, static-site generators)
Nice to Have
- Experience documenting API reference documentation.
We’re Looking For Someone to Live Our Values
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
Ready to Apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!