AETOS LLC is a Minority Owned CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos, we specialize in developing IT solutions to optimize functionality and efficiencies for government and commercial clients to meet their business needs.
Aetos LLC is hiring for a Technical Writer to join our Austin Team. The Technical Writer will be working with our client Office of the Attoney General of Texas. The candidate will collaborate with developers, engineers, and other technical personnel to produce high-quality, easily understandable documentation.
Work is accomplished in a highly collaborative environment and independently with a focus on quality and customer service. Works under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
Required Skills (candidate must meet the min requirement in year of experience and clearly show on resume to be considered for position)
- 7 yrs experience composing, compiling, organizing, researching, writing, editing, producing and maintaining technical documents, manuals, system physical and logical topologies.
- 7 yrs experience producing special reports, software users' manuals, procedural guides, administration guides, installation and configuration guides, and release notes.
- 7 yrs experience providing broad expertise on technical concepts of applications and user groups, and structures procedures in a logical sequence.
- 7 yrs experience and ability to confidently interview subject matter experts to gather content; ability to confer with staff in the development of formats, graphics, and the layout of publications.
- 7 yrs experience with ability to understand and translate the user’s view of applications and technology to put procedures in a logical sequence; ability to develop and maintain user technical documentation and project process documentation.
- 7 yrs experience developing, enhancing and maintaining user documentation for multiple applications including documentation required for the operations provider.
- 7 yrs experience in effective verbal and written communications, ability to interview computer professionals and subject matter experts to get information necessary for the creation of technical documents.
- 7 yrs experience working with technical staff to ensure reviews of documents are conducted properly and timely. Plans and finalizes production of documentation for final delivery. Ensures deliverables are suitable for web publishing.
- 7 yrs knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies.
- 7 yrs experience with ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra effort when necessary
- The willingness to learn.
- Team Player
- 5 yrs experience as a technical writing for installation of various IBM suite of COTS products.
- 2 yrs experience with familiarity with video capturing software, such as Camtasia, to compose documents from actual installations.
- 2 yrs experience using Rational ClearQuest and Rational ClearCase.
- 2 yrs experience with the Texas Child Support Program.
- 1 yr experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Candidate must reside in Texas.
- position is available for 100% remote.
- Candidate must be authorize to work in US and must be able to pass a security background check.