Samsung Ads l AdGear is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We’re looking to add a Senior Technical Writer (Platform & Software Engineering) to the team!
This role is to be based out of Montreal, QC, Toronto, ON or Remote – Canada.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our platforms and engineering processes. More specifically, you will:
- Assist Engineering Teams with knowledge sharing via a robust documentation process.
- Ensure that we adequately document all features in a timely manner
You will be working closely with our Knowledge Management Lead to close the gap in the existing documentation by providing the required knowledge and resources users need to perform their daily tasks efficiently.
It will be crucial that you feel comfortable interviewing internal software development team members, and various stakeholders to gather the necessary information.
The main goal is to provide the most comprehensive documentation possible in order to empower Samsung Ads’ customers to leverage key features of Samsung Ads products optimally.
Why You’ll Be Motivated to Apply
- You will be working with experienced and passionate internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- You enjoy discovering, organizing, clarifying information and have a keen eye on how to present documentation.
- You love writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and guides for different kind of audiences.
- You enjoy explaining complex concepts to others.
- You are self-motivated, like to take initiative, are detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- You are passionate about technology and adtech.
Things That Are Extra Cool
- Basic knowledge of ad.
- Knowledge of software development processes and workflows.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity in style of content.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
Required Skills And/or Experience
- You have deep knowledge and hands on experience with writing user guides for various audiences preferably in ad tech with proven work experience in technical writing of software documentation
- You have worked with instructional designers, SMEs, copy-editors
- You have the ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- You are able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- You have excellent written skills in English
- You have strong working knowledge of Confluence
- You have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You have experience working within a developing information architecture
- You have 5+ years of experience writing software of some kind
- 8+ years of experience writing professionally
The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and effectively handle working across different teams and priorities. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial mind-set, taking ownership in creating opportunities, aligning to the yearly plan but also being flexible to take advantage of new opportunities.
Life at Samsung Ads l AdGear
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place.