We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious global team that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer experience. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 1 billion customer interactions for some notable enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook and Shopify. We recently raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and we're officially a Canadian unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As a Technical Writer at Ada, you’ll work with our Product and Engineering teams to produce API and SDK documentation and release notes aimed at an internal and external audience of developers and technical personnel.
- Min 2 years experience—SaaS experience is a plus.
- Skilled at writing technical documentation for a developer audience, particularly API and SDK documentation, guides, and release notes.
- Strong editing skills.
- Solid understanding of REST APIs and CRUD operations, and the ability to run APIs in Postman.
- Experience with HTML and Markdown.
- A curiosity and a love for constant learning —success in this role means becoming an Ada Platform expert!
- Ability to work across teams, synthesize requirements and tell a cohesive story on the platform
What You’ll Do
- Align with Product and Engineering teams to build API documentation for upcoming releases.
- Plan, manage, and deliver online API documentation and release notes.
- Interview and collaborate with key Product and Engineering team members. Oversee the entire documentation lifecycle—outline, research, write, edit, test, publish, maintain, and iterate.
- Create visual aids, such as screenshots, videos, and diagrams.
- Create code examples for reference.
Nice to Haves
- Familiar with JIRA.
- Experience with documentation platform configuration and management.
- Some skill at creating instructional videos.
- Please include samples of your previous work when applying.
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.