We’re looking for a technical writer who knows their hyphens from their em-dashes as well as they know their Docker containers from their Kubernetes. You’ll use your excellent editorial skills and technical knowledge to make sure every word of our courses is grammatically sound, informative, and engaging. We’re talking slide decks, technical articles, and a whole world of cool learning resources. You need to put yourself in our customer’s shoes to make sure resources are logically structured, use audience-appropriate language, and are super clear so those customers have an awesome learning experience.
You’ll get to learn heaps, too, because you’ll be working with our passionate, global content team to empower our students and customers all over the world on their cloud learning journey.
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Everyone on our team genuinely cares about our students, the quality of their education, and what that can mean for their careers and their lives.
Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is *to teach the world to cloud. *Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
What makes the Content Team awesome
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way.
Based on the latest learning techniques and infused with humor, our content is more than meets the eye, transforming novices into gurus faster than robots turn into semi trucks. To get our students on top of the cloud, we have to get there ourselves. We dedicate time each week to continued learning – from getting certs to brushing up on presentation skills.
Everyone is always helpful. If you ask a question you’ll have multiple people chipping in to help you answer it, all in the most sincere and earnest way. We're in this interesting intersection of being a tech company, an educator, and to some degree, a publishing company. So we’ve got people from all backgrounds, who bring in different perspectives. – Lydia, Holiday-Planning Guru (and Course Development Director)
As a Technical Writer at ACG, you’ll get to
- Copyedit and refine technical resources so they are engaging and error-free
- Create technical resources that make learning fun and clearly directed
- Translate complex ideas and concepts into simple, easy-to-understand language
- Expand your cloud and tech knowledge while you work
We are looking for someone who can
- Consistently produce and deliver quality, on-brand content that is grammatically and technically correct
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Provide constructive and empathetic feedback to diverse stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with a remote, geo-dispersed team
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years experience writing, editing and updating technical documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud, DevOps or other modern technology platforms
- Highly developed copyediting skills including experience translating complex technical ideas into simple and accessible language
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Understanding of instructional design principles
- Passion for learning and helping others learn
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room,
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
The A Cloud Guru team has grown a lot since it was just two brothers with a dream of teaching the world to cloud! We now employ gurus in 30 states of the USA as well as in Australia and the UK. For the time being that’s as far as we can go. We won’t bore you with the details, but setting up the extra operations we would need to employ people in new states or countries is a little bit more expensive than replicating your database in another AZ, if you know what we mean. So as much as we would love to have staff in as many countries as we have students, we are only opening this role to applicants in areas we currently have operations.
If you’re not sure if your US state is included, please still apply! We will let you know if you are in a state that we currently don’t have operations. If anything changes we will reach back out.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.