Fountain is enterprise software that accelerates global high volume hiring. Our customers hire millions of hourly workers annually in 78 countries. Job seekers often struggle to get connected with companies seeking hourly workers due to inefficiencies in their hiring processes, and Fountain makes it easier for them to get offers for work quickly. Getting hired fast eases some of the financial instability millions of families face.
Fountain is a Remote-first company that embraces a work from anywhere policy and offers flexibility on location, so our employees feel free to enjoy the world. Fountain is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Chipotle, StitchFix, GoPuff and Just Eat Takeaway.
We just 4.5Xed in valuation in our Series C, which was led by Softbank and B Capital. We plan on keeping this hyper-growth going this year! Come join us on this rocket ship!
Fountain is growing, and so is our Services and Education team! We are seeking a Technical Writer and Content Manager who has great attention to detail and a passion for planning, organizing and executing content and knowledge base initiatives.
This role is a very impactful position and would be ideal for someone who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment. We have a very open and collaborative culture that encourages creativity and thinking outside the box. This role plays a key part in redesigning and rewriting our entire knowledge base. If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, this is it!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Write, edit, and organize product manuals for the Fountain knowledge base that include task-based documentation as well as conceptual and best practice documentation
- Edit help articles to meet newly formed Help Center writing and development standards and for proper English language grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Inform the evolution of content style guide and standards based on new requirements and findings
- Proofread and edit content written by others for knowledge base articles and other content assets
- Identify content gaps and propose logical and realistic solutions to bridge the gaps
- Maintain multiple localized knowledge bases for global audiences including creating a repository of translated articles and logically planning updates to them
- Play a critical role in all knowledge-base projects
- Collaborate with product managers to stay abreast of new releases and plan and execute comprehensive documentation to support each release
- Collaborate with instructional designers on the education team to support creation and maintenance of role-based content and learning assets
What You Should Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in product documentation and authoring knowledge-base content
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation in Zendesk
- Ability to gather and synthesize requirements from multiple sources into best-in-class product documentation
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to break down complex concepts into well-structured, concise, and easy to understand content
- Knowledge of style manuals and ability to adhere to a style guide
- Excellent organizational and execution skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities without impact on quality of deliverables
- Great communication and collaboration skills preferably in a global, culturally diverse environment
Nice to Have
- Preferred ability to write API and developer documentation
Amazing Perks & Benefits we provide for our employees include (but are not limited to):
- Flexible PTO & Work Hours
- "Work from Anywhere" Policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- HSA & FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance & STD/LTD
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave for Birth/Adoption
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Phone Stipend
- Remote IT/Home Office Stipend
- Learning and Development Reimbursements
- Fun, interactive and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
- 401K Plan
Even if you do not meet all the requirements above, we still encourage you to apply for this position. While we try to be thorough with our prerequisites, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points.
We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*