GitHub is looking for a Technical Editor to join the Customer Evidence team and bring technically complex subject matter to life through the voice of GitHub’s 65+ Million customers. You should have a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, modern software delivery through DevOps and be able to articulate the challenges that enterprise software teams encounter.
The ideal candidate will strive to have expert knowledge of GitHub’s product capabilities, and be able to distill highly technical concepts, processes, and workflows into engaging, SEO-optimized, general and technical content for our customers.
- Bring technical rigor to customer interviews in partnership with the broader customer evidence team, solutions engineers, customer success managers etc. in order to develop how-to and best practice content for practitioners.
- Distill highly technical concepts, processes, and workflows into engaging, SEO-optimized, solutions-based articles and stories.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders and the broader Customer Evidence team to prototype and launch new enterprise content types to meet the evolving needs of the revenue organization.
- Identify and prototype new storytelling modalities to infuse the voice of our Superfan customers in a way that differentiates GitHub from other vendor testimonials.
- Support requests for customer narratives for internal and external events.
- Regularly assess the performance/impact of the content we publish and look for innovative techniques for storytelling.
- Leverage interview materials such as written transcripts or recordings to produce compelling content that illustrates our customers’ success and the strength of GitHub’s platform, products, and features.
- Help oversee and copy-edit contractor writing resources ensure content meets the highest quality standards for our enterprise audience with an eye on SEO, value proposition positioning, clarity, accuracy.
- Follow GitHub’s established style guides and contribute to its ongoing development
- 7+ years of experience translating technical topics into relatable, engaging, and informative customer narratives that drive conversion and upsell.
- Deep and proven understanding of modern software development practices and concepts.
- Experience working in an engineering/developer-centric culture and writing for a developer audience.
Who We Are
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.