Status is the gateway to the decentralised web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, currently in beta on Mobile and Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We're a remote team made up of 60+ core-contributors and a growing community of members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
The role: **
You’ll work closely with our development, marketing, engineering and product teams to take complex technical ideas and make them easy to understand for our users. You’ll build marketing strategies that help to evangelise and educate developers and users about the Status network.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $70,000 - $90,000 USD (paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location).
- Produce engaging multi-channel technical content for our website, blog, social media and other marketing channels.
- Write clear, concise, and conversational copy.
- Write content aimed at developers, fact check technical claims in our marketing materials, interface with development teams & write technical press releases.
- Ensure tone and style, across all mediums.
- Collaborate closely with product and marketing teams to come up with creative concepts for marketing material.
- Work with stakeholders and reviewers to keep our brand voice consistent.
- Develop communication strategies and all creative aspects of campaign development.
- Help develop clear content strategy which spans across all communication and product.
You must have:
- Experience in, and extreme passion for, blockchain technology.
- Technical background - coding experience / solid grasp of complex technology underlying Status.
- Strong alignment to Our Principles.
- Expertise in taking complex technical ideas and making them simple and engaging.
- Extensive experience writing copy for brands in an in-house creative department and/or agency role.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
Bonus points if:
- Experience within open source organisations.
- Experience working remotely.