Datadog’s Writing team is the public voice of Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. We are a group of tech-oriented writers and editors who value accuracy, depth, and accessibility. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we work collaboratively within our team—but also collaborate across the entire company. We run Datadog’s main blog (aka “The Monitor”), which covers Datadog in depth and provides valuable information to the broader tech community around observability, best practices, and industry trends.
Are you an experienced writer and editor with superior technical skills and a deep understanding of cloud monitoring technologies? Are you capable of writing and editing deep dives on virtually any technology in our industry? Do you love pitching and evaluating ideas for new blog posts and keeping up with emerging trends in the cloud monitoring space? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
- Pitch, research, write, and occasionally edit articles for the Datadog blog, such as:
- Longform monitoring guides
- Best practices posts
- Research reports
- Thought leadership posts on challenges, new concepts, and emerging trends
- Announcements for new Datadog features and integrations
- Collaborate with editors, writers, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our articles
- Collaborate with our data team and product managers to write original research reports
- Develop new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Collaborate with the Video team and write scripts for original product videos
- Continually measure reader engagement, and iterate to improve content focus, craft, and distribution
- Provide high-level editorial feedback and technical guidance to junior writers and editors on the team
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience as an editor and/or writer in the technology industry, with samples of your work to share
- You are able to craft superior, technically precise prose and elevate the work of your colleagues to a similar level. This includes improving the quality of the writing itself, as well as identifying technical passages that need clarification, revision, or deeper exploration
- You follow the latest trends in the cloud monitoring space and are constantly coming up with and pitching new story ideas
- You are proficient in multiple widely used general-purpose programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- You have experience setting up web servers, databases, container platforms, cloud services, and other infrastructure technologies
- You have experience writing scripts for technical videos and collaborating with video editors
Datadog is a SaaS-based monitoring platform for hybrid cloud and cloud native applications, providing full visibility into the health of an application, from backend infrastructure to front-end user journeys to business-level performance. Our data analytics platform enables Dev, Ops, and other teams across a company to easily collaborate and share information, identify and solve potential problems, accelerate business growth, and successfully complete cloud migration initiatives.