At Checkout.com, our Partner Engineering team makes sure our partner plugins and integrations are designed to service in an out-of-the-box framework, addressing 80% of our merchant’s spectrum of payment requirements leaving room for some merchant business centric customisations. In practice we aim to put the user first and embed best practice implementation work-flows against each payment instrument integration.
Consequently for technical documentation, this means breaking down complex topics into easily understandable content—for both technical and non-technical users—and helping businesses get the most out of our pre-integrated partner solutions.
The technical writer function within Partner Engineering is a critical part of the success of Checkout.com. If you love explaining how things work with simplicity and elegance, then carry on reading. You will be the voice of Checkout in explaining how our partner solutions work and how it is as easy as installing our plugin and configuring merchant specific account credentials to start accepting payments.
You will work alongside a team of highly driven Partner Engineers and QAs in building our documentation platform and ensuring the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both services and technologies.
You will coordinate across disciplines in Product, Commercial, Customer Success, Design and Engineering within Checkout and externally with System Integrators and external Ecommerce Platform engineers by tapping their brains for quality information. You will be proactive in planning and conducting research and obtaining necessary technical content from subject matter experts to translate it into clear, concise, structured documentation.
This means sometimes you’ll be documenting something yourself, sometimes editing content from team members, and other times fixing and reorganizing existing documentation.
Our focus now is building the gold standard of technical documentation. We want to build documentation that delights, engages and empowers businesses to change the world.
We're scaling to become a team of 5 Partner Engineers, 2 Technical Authors and 2 Partner QA/Test Engineers, so you'll be critical to the success of the team and our mission to show everyone how documentation is done.
Why be a Technical Writer at Checkout.com?
Whenever we see complexity that confuses customers and makes their lives harder, it spurs us on to simplify and improve, no matter how big or small.
If you like being given the autonomy to solve hard problems, and remove complexity from systems and experiences, then we’re the place for you.
The financial industry needs reforming, and it’s why we exist—to build the connected finance that businesses deserve.
You’ll be working on making our external and internal-facing Partner Integration documentation best in class—both in the quality of the content and the user experience. Your focus will also be on establishing processes to ensure that the documentation remains the source of truth and always up to date. Whilst working closely with the Docs and Marketing team, you'll also be working on creating unique Product style guides.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be proactive and strategic regarding the future of documentation at Checkout, from tooling, automation, optimisation and design
- Create a standard partner integration relevant Information and Content Framework prior to external and internal cascade
- Trigger a review of content accuracy in collaboration with Partner Engineer, Product Owner and other external and internal stakeholders
- Track FAQs through various channels and embed responses in standard documentation
- Establish the best processes to ensure documentation is 100% accurate and up to date
- Collaborate and communicate with Partner Engineers, Product Leads, and our Customer Success Team to understand our Partner Solutions and Features
- Produce clear, human-centered documentation
- Be proficient in all the tools of the trade, including GitHub and Jira to track your work
- Write and edit basic HTML and CSS
- Keep a pulse on integrity and accuracy of content published on Partnerships Web-Page on Checkout.com domain
- Help create training and demo videos in collaboration with Partner Engineers for internal and external Partner Solution launch events
Collaboration with relevant teams to have an impactful input in producing:
- Sales & Marketing brochures
- Conference Sponsorship and Checkout stall
- Joint Press Release with Partners and promotional videos
- Internal Training Events
- Internal/External Newsletters
- Social Media promotional activities
- Industry focused QBR decks
- 2+ years of experience in working in a similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or Information Technology
- Written Communication
- Ability to Explain Concepts Clearly
- Exceptional planning and organisation
- Have worked in a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge of Ecommerce and Payment ecosystems
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What We Stand For
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More About Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API.
And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We Believe In Equal Opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.