Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
Part of that work involves digging deep into tech world trends and translating your insights into compelling, trustworthy content that readers can trust. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for people with a passion for technology, business, data, and storytelling to join our team.
In this role, you will use your analytical and narrative abilities to take data from both Animalz customers and public sources and turn it into original, insightful, long-form content.
This role reports to a content strategist, who, along with your editor, will work closely with you to refine your pitches and transform them into fully-formed pieces of content.
You're a fit for the Tech & VC Writer role if
- You are a voracious reader and rigorous researcher who can turn large amounts of new information into clearly distilled takeaways
- You have a strong understanding of the venture capital landscape, fundraising, and startups
- You have a deep understanding of distribution channels like Twitter, Hacker News, LinkedIn, and reddit, plus a track record of producing successful content for those channels
- You have extensive experience pitching, writing, editing, and publishing long-form content (1,500+ words) on deadline
- You have knowledge of, or direct experience with, on-page SEO
- You want to improve your writing by working closely with an editor
- You are knowledgeable and curious about modern tech and business trends, such as direct-to-consumer retail, SaaS, and the consumerization of the enterprise
- You have a background in B2B, SaaS, technology, VC, startups, or a related field
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all employees. We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
About our benefits
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and can be available for customer calls
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Parental leave for both primary and secondary care providers
- Monthly health and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
If you have questions or need assistance during the application process:
If you have a question about this role that hasn't been answered here, or would like to ask about workplace accommodations, please reach out to workwithus @ animalz.co. Thank you!