Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are the world’s biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform and we use it responsibly.
Forbes Shopping is seeking an experienced, part-time (up to 25 hours a week) consumer tech editor to join the commerce editorial team.
This role will be responsible for assigning and editing all Forbes Shopping tech content (which may include product guides, roundups, retailer guides, news, reviews, and product odes). You will work closely with the updates editor to optimize evergreen content, and will work with our deals editor to assign or top edit sales/deals coverage. This role reports to the Forbes Shopping editor.
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
Responsibilities Will Include
- Full ownership of consumer tech shopping content
- Recruiting and onboarding new freelance writers
- Top-editing content from part-time editors as needed
- Participating in tent-pole planning and assisting with coverage
- Writing is optional but a possibility
- Keeping your section on our edit calendar up-to-date
The Ideal Candidate
- Should be an expert in all things consumer tech
- Impeccable editing skills are a must; this person should not need a top edit
- Must have a network of tech writers and PR contacts
- Prior experience editing reviews required
- A strong understanding of SEO and user intent as it pertains to shopping content is required
- Prior experience with affiliate / commerce content a plus but not required.