This role will connect Product with our users and internal team members. We believe that poverty is a solvable problem. We alleviate poverty by giving digital work. We're building tools at the intersection of humans and machine learning. Our systems allow impoverished workers to work on digital tasks that are used by high tech companies.
We're playing in a huge space with lots of challenging technical problems. We are looking for someone to roll up their sleeves and help us ensure that every launch has the maximum impact it can. We are building upon our state of the art annotation platform to make it more useful for annotators, project managers, customer support, customer help, ML Engineers and Data Scientists. We aim to allow them to easily understand how our product works and get maximum value from it.
To help with this mission, we're looking for an enthusiastic and idealistic Technical Writer that will create the strategic vision for all the use cases of technical publications. This role will work closely our team of Product Managers, Engineers, Internal and External Customers to create product launch documentation, training materials and client facing user manuals.
The person should be passionate about amazing communication.The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical understanding, writing experience and an understanding of the space. You’re somebody who collaborates with internal team members and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure our documents meet their needs.
- Develop and own the strategy for product, training and client facing documentation with the internal and external customer and cross-functional stakeholders
- Manage expectations at a team level
- Work with your product, engineering and UX counterparts on a day-to-day basis to draft, edit and publish our technical documentation
- Produce the following types of documentation: annotator training, project manager training materials, troubleshooting tips for tech support, client facing materials such as user manuals and specs, blog posts and, webinar content
- Develop and maintain a documentation repository
- Define the voice of our technical documentation
- Collaborate with our internal Learning and Development team for product launches and to ensure documentation is up to date
- Manage relationships with internal teams and external users for feedback on documentation needs and quality of the documentation
- Work with internal team members and cross-functional teams to define metrics for tracking documentation usage and impact
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales for the GTM of product launches
- 5+ years of professional writing experience
- Technical understanding of how software works (can have been learned on the job)
- Strong interest and history of doing work that makes a difference
- Previously worked on relevant technical consumer or B2B user technologies
- Prior experience working in a startup environment
- Be self driven
- Great sense of humor
- History of working effectively with remote teams across time zones
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Sama to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Sama fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video, and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
- Featured in Forbes: How Ethical Is Your AI?
- Sama Honored on Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies — the Inc. 5000
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we take pride in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.