Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is hiring an enterprising journalist to join its growing newsletters team as the lead writer of its reimagined flagship newsletter, sent weekdays. Forbes’ email products are key to its subscription-forward business model, and this is a new role on a new team that works with every corner of the newsroom.
This writer will shape a key product and command a high profile within Forbes and in readers’ inboxes, showcasing a distinctly Forbes lens on topics from billionaires and crypto to startups and investing.
We’re looking for an authoritative, nimble, analytical and creative writer who embraces the unique possibilities of newsletters to create great journalism and build relationships with readers and has a strong vision for how to achieve this. A collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit is a must, as is a knack for fresh perspectives on the news and analysis that spotlights colleagues’ best work.
- Develop, iterate and improve our flagship newsletter, working closely with journalists around the newsroom to spotlight and expand upon their best work, adding original reporting as needed
- Work with editors to pitch and develop each day’s newsletter, as well as special editions, collaborations with colleagues, and print and digital stories as needed to support the newsletter
- Engage with readers via email and social media, creatively relying on audience engagement to deepen the newsletter and its reporting and incorporating reader feedback
- Track newsletter performance and work with the newsletters team to build audience, e.g. by developing onboarding series and special editions, and to improve key performance indicators
- Work closely with our product, design and growth teams to optimize the reader experience
- Strong news judgment, ethics, reporting and writing skills and attention to detail
- A distinct authorial perspective and voice, and/or an interest in developing them
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the Forbes brand and of the responsibility of serving as its public face to readers
- At least five years’ newsroom experience, some of it in a daily environment, ideally including some experience writing newsletters
- Experience working diplomatically and taking an inclusive approach in the workplace
- Deep interest in a diverse range of online audiences, analytics and the best practices of editorial newsletters
- An interest in and facility for engaging directly with readers
- A creative approach and appetite for experimentation
- Fluency and interest in business news
The above is not an ironclad list of requirements, and candidates whose qualifications differ are encouraged to apply and highlight what unique background they would bring to the role.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and links to (or attachments of) your published work.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.