Cycling Weekly has been bringing cyclists quality news and features since 1891. Cycling has changed a lot since then, and we bring the latest breaking news, race coverage, and unique features online as the UK’s biggest cycling website.
Know your bike tech better than your family's birthdays? Always looking for the latest ways to get fitter and faster? Can’t get enough of pro bike racing?
Cycling Weekly is looking for a staff writer who can turn their hand to all things cycling. This is a rare opportunity to take a pivotal role within an influential team. Cycling Weekly (part of Future Publishing) is the most-read cycling magazine in the UK, and cyclingweekly.com is one of the biggest cycling sites in the world. So if you can handle working in a fast-paced environment and take multi-tasking in your stride, this is a dream job of watching and reporting on the world’s best riders, testing new kit, and investigating the latest health and fitness trends in cycling.
To succeed in your application you'll need formal training and/or significant reviews and features writing experience. Knowledge of working online, SEO, and social media would be a definite advantage, as would a passion for cycling.
This is a full-time, remote position based at Cycling Weekly with regular weekend working.
- Produce market-beating, innovative and inspiring digital editorial content
- Review bikes, accessories and kit for Cycling Weekly online and in print
- Improve and expand on the breadth of health, fitness and how-to content on the site
- Be proactive in chasing stories and quotes and creating original content for the website
- Update and produce new buying information online
- Help compare and contrast cycling kit for regular print and online grouptests
- Hunt out deals for the spend-savvy cyclist
- Help constantly improve the site's standing in search through optimisation
- Proven features and reviews writing experience
- In-depth knowledge of bike tech
- Strong knowledge and understanding of training, health and fitness
- Ability to work quickly, flexibly (including weekends) and unsociable hours when needed
- Understanding of content needs for websites, social media and SEO
- The ability to keep cool under pressure and ask difficult questions
- Able to build and maintain reliable contacts
- Good organisational skills
- Flexibility to travel to launches and video/photo shoots that may span several days
- Willingness to learn news skills and tasks to assist in other areas of the web team
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.