Nlife Media is looking for a Staff Writer to join its team on Pure Xbox, one of the world's leading independent Xbox-focused sites.
As a Staff Writer, you will work alongside our content team to create an abundance of engaging and exciting written content on a daily basis as Pure Xbox continues to grow and mature.
You will have access to a powerful bespoke CMS with a wide selection of reporting and analytics tools to help identify the content which resonates with the site's audience.
Pure Xbox is part of the Nlife Media network, which also includes Nintendo Life and Push Square – both of which are the leading sites in their respective fields.
- Writing daily news articles, keeping our readers up to date with the latest Xbox announcements and breaking stories.
- Leveraging your strong knowledge of Xbox and its history to create thought-provoking and interesting community-focused talking points, guides and features.
- Helping to maintain our Xbox games database, including carefully monitoring the popularity of new and existing games on the Xbox platform.
- Help foster an inclusive and positive community with a shared passion for Xbox.
- This is a full-time role.
- You would work remotely, therefore need space for a suitable home office setup.
- The majority of communication will be via Slack, email and video calls.
- Occasional face-to-face meetings in the Midlands, London or Brighton.
- Flexible working hours (equivalent to 37.5 hours/week)
- Pay dependant on experience starting at £21,000+ per annum
If this sounds like a good opportunity for you, we'd love to hear from you!
Contact us with a covering letter along with examples of your previously published work that you feel best match the above job description and your up to date CV. These examples are the main things we will be looking at to evaluate your application, along with your CV.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong English writing skills and the ability to proof your own work, and the work of others.
- A strong and confident writing style, with an emphasis on clarity and economy, but also a personable and humorous tone.
- Ability to write eye-catching headlines for news and discussion articles.
- A reasonable understanding of SEO.
- Extensive knowledge of video games across a wide range of genres, with a particular focus on the highest-profile new releases and most-played games on Xbox.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of determination and drive; excellent organisational skills and a methodical mindset.
- Manage your own schedule to make sure your time is well spent. Speed and efficiency will be very important.
- Positive attitude and a team mentality.
- Ability to adapt and take advice and guidance from our Directors.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Proficient in using graphic design packages such as PhotoShop to create attractive article images.
- Knowledge of the games industry itself, with contacts or a clear interest in the sector.
- An existing expert knowledge with popular Xbox franchises, such as first-party Microsoft Studios exclusives, or third-party games such as GTA, FIFA, Destiny, Call of Duty, etc.
- Experience in using Content Management Systems.
- An interest in the technology, entertainment, and lifestyle sectors in general.
- Work From Home
- Flexible Working Hours
- Training & Development
- Equipment Budget
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
- Never work on your birthday!