Moonbug is a global entertainment company that creates and distributes fun and safe content for children which encourages healthy values such as compassion, empathy, and resilience while teaching fundamental life skills. We are a team of entertainment and technology experts with an ambition to redefine the kid’s entertainment industry in this new digital age.
Owning digital IP with views in the billions, we know where kids are and what they like. This gives us the power to create content that is relevant to kids and available in the way that they want it.
Are you passionate about writing for children’s media and creating thoughtful brand integrations? We are looking for a unique candidate who is both well-versed in writing scripted short-form content for kids and family audiences but also has experience turning RFPs from major brands into compelling content for in-house IP.
In general, the ideal candidate will be a writer who loves creating children's content and can capably move from preschool all the way up to 6-11 without breaking a sweat. They will have first-hand experience with the creative process from inception to production for digital platforms such as YouTube and traditional broadcast, cable, and streaming platforms. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires significant accountability and initiative.
As an in-house staff writer, you may also be asked to work across other Moonbug shows, so knowledge of preschool animation and the broader kids’ entertainment world is highly preferred. This position will report to the Creative Director, Brand Partnerships.
Your primary responsibilities in this role are two-fold:
- Pitching ideas and writing scripts for the world’s most popular live-action kids’ dinosaur channel on YouTube!
- Pitching brand integration ideas, creating external-facing proposals, and writing everything from 15 ads to short-form scripts.
- Write, edit and revise multiple episodes of short-form, live-action episodic content at a professional level
- Oversee production of scripts
- Assist with content brainstorms and participate in writers’ room as needed
- Work closely with writing team and senior creatives to achieve a shared vision
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Film/TV, Communications, Creative Writing or Film Studies preferred
- 5+ years of creative media writing (at least partially in the kid’s space).
- 5+ years experience in Children's Entertainment, Scripted Series and/or Studio/Production.
- Experience working across both short-form and long-form content, for narrative and (optionally) music-based shows.
- A familiarity with VFX and CG Animation is also desirable, though not required.
- Comfortable writing and editing show scripts.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about animated and live-action children's entertainment.
- Experience working across live-action and animation narrative.
- Strong understanding of character and story, working to brand guidelines, and a grasp of visual film-making language and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal forms of communication, particularly when it comes to emails, story documents, and pitches.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines is a must.
- Able to interpret data and insights and leverage them in the creative process. Research and analytics experience a plus.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, curious, and calm under pressure with a good sense of humor.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources