Happiest Baby is a mission-driven company helping parents raise healthy, happy children and saving lives. We make SNOO, the world's first smart sleeper and the safest baby bed ever made—proven to add 1-2 hours of sleep per night—and develop landmark products, content, and services.
Our CEO is the renowned pediatrician Dr. Harvey Karp, author of the best-selling parenting guide, "The Happiest Baby on the Block." SNOO was built with a team of MIT engineers and celebrated designers. It is the most awarded baby product in history and has been exhibited in six of the world's top museums (e.g., Smithsonian, SF MOMA, London Design Museum).
Happiest Baby is looking for a curious, creative, and eagle-eyed Staff Writer to inform and engage our audience. You’ll work closely with our Director of Content as part of our marketing team to tell our brand story through our blog, app, emails, social feeds, product copy, and more.
As a leader in the parenting and tech spaces, we need a skilled writer with a journalist’s gift for narrative and a marketer’s dedication to driving growth. You’ve got a dogged researcher’s commitment to getting all the facts just right, but you also know how to whip up a tagline that will make readers crack a smile.
You’re just as comfortable crafting an informational post on baby poop (hey, it’s part of the job!) as you are pulling together a roundup of photogenic nurseries. You’ve always got new ideas on the tip of your tongue, but you’re not afraid to dig into analytics to inform your decisions. And, of course, you’re passionate about helping families live their happiest, healthiest lives!
This role is based in our Los Angeles office.
- Writing and producing several articles a week on parenting-related topics
- Editing and proofreading content
- Providing editorial support to the team, including helping to fulfill press requests
- Pitching engaging blog content and promotional copy ideas
- Helping to maintain our editorial calendar
- Producing content in a CMS
Desired Skills, Experience, and Requirements
- 4–6 years of experience writing/reporting (ideally in parenting or health)
- Strong grasp of AP style, grammar, and spelling
- Excellent research, fact-checking, and interviewing skills
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Proficiency with content management systems
- Creativity and the ability to pitch and develop original content
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional work environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, be flexible, and take on new duties
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, work hard, and get things done
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in journalism, English, or similar
- Able to work in our Los Angeles office
- Competitive health/dental/eyecare plan
- 401(k) plan
- Daily catered lunches
- Take-what-you-need vacation
- Dog-friendly environment
- Indoor-outdoor workspace
- Working with a great team that is literally saving babies’ lives!