Girlboss is a modern media company and your navigator for the future of work. We’re here to spark the thrill of possibility, to inspire and inform, so that you can find success on your terms.
We currently offer four services that we’re proud to share with our highly engaged community of over 2 million ambitious women:
- Girlboss Daily: our curation of key talking points, A+ career advice and new job alerts delivered free, every weekday morning straight to your inbox
- Girlboss Jobs: our collection of the latest Girlboss-approved job listings that help our community find their next great opportunity
- Girlboss Goods: our newly-launched marketplace of curated and elevated products made exclusively by female-founded and operated businesses
- Girlboss.com: our hub for all things future of work, inspiring profiles and genuinely helpful how-tos
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers, infinite learners, under-promising and over-delivering and having fun along the way.
Girlboss is powered by a small and mighty fully remote global team with a core cohort in Toronto, Canada.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, this individual will be responsible for driving the Girlboss mission and vision by writing content, contributing to the overall editorial strategy and organically adding value to our community across multiple channels. This isn’t your typical writing opportunity: with over 2 million followers across social media, this is a unique chance to empower women in their careers through relatable, humorous, and educational content that helps them feel seen.
We are looking for an individual who is a curious, passionate storyteller and wants to express it through the creation of engaging, insightful and relatable content. Your role, in a nutshell, will be helping us write and edit blog articles (both editorial and sponsored), product copy and social, copy and The Girlboss Daily Newsletter. Plus, you’ll contribute to the production and co-ordination of our hit Girlboss Radio podcast and help to bring a new season to life.
The Girlboss editorial team is growing quickly and we’re looking for a creative and innovative person to work alongside the editorial team and frequently collaborate with marketing and sales departments to tell truly great stories.
You should have writing experience in a similar capacity in a newsroom or media environment. You’re big on empowering women and amplifying voices. Plus, you’re interested in the future of work and what’s new and next. Prior podcast experience is an asset, but not a must-have.
- Produce high quality, on-brand stories that deliver value to our core audience of 2+ million (with support from freelance talent when needed)
- Capture a variety of metrics to measure the value and performance of our content, and retool our approach based on those results
- Podcast support: coordinating A-list guests, handling inbound requests and creating editorial content to complement podcast episodes
- Participate in weekly, monthly and/or quarterly editorial brainstorms
- Develop share-worthy pitches and article ideas
- Conduct research to support your writing and always stay on the lookout for what’s new and next
- Work with the Editorial Director to analyze content performance and make adjustments/recommendations based on data
- Maintain the Girlboss brand identity across all channels
- Manage and track creative requests and project briefs, ensuring deadlines are met
- Relentlessly evangelize the Girlboss mission and vision to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and greater business community
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of professional writing experience (editorial & content, social media, SEO, SEM, website content, and ability to use digital tools)
- High-quality writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Intuitive understanding of themes and topics that matter to ambitious and career-driven women
- Experience working in media a plus
- Experience working with podcasts is a plus
- Always on top of the latest social media features, news, and trends
- Ability to write compelling content under a deadline
- Ability to write content with a marketing mindset
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity
Home Office & Productivity:
- Flexible remote culture with opportunity for asynchronous operations with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice, anywhere in the world
- Generous one time stipend to help create your perfect work from anywhere setup (+ MacBook stipend)
- Support for training & conferences
- Enthusiastic encouragement of power naps & breaks during the work day
- Audible coverage
Culture & Community
- Monthly team activities (Lunch & Learns, AMAs, Socials and Book Club)
- Weekly team meeting - to connect and regroup as a team
- Anniversary, Birthday Gifts, Life Celebrations - we’ll celebrate your milestones. You’ll also get the day off on your birthday.
- Quarterly In-person team socials held in Toronto (optional)
- 3 additional paid days off per year to volunteer for a cause of your choosing
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Annual holiday party
- Lots of fun free merch
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
Health & Wellness
- Unlimited sick days (we support menstrual leave as well!)
- 5 annual personal days
- Annual team holiday shutdown (paid, fully offline between Christmas and New Years)
- $1,500 per calendar year for basic services
- $1,500 per calendar year for supplementary services
- $200 per 2 calendar year(s) for prescription glasses, elective contact lenses , repairs and elective laser vision correction procedures
- Eye Exams - once per 2 calendar year(s)
- Visual Training - $200 per lifetime
- $3,000 per calendar year(s) maximum
- $15,000 lifetime maximum on fertility drugs
- $300 lifetime maximum on anti-smoking prescription drugs
Health Care Professional Services*
- $1,000 per speciality per calendar year(s) for the following services:
- Chiropractor, Osteopath, Podiatrist/Chiropodist, Massage Therapist, Naturopath/Dietician, Speech Therapist/Audiologist, Physiotherapist/Athletic Therapist, Psychologist/Social Worker/Clinical Counselor/Marriage and Family Therapist/Psychoanalyst/Psychotherapist, Acupuncturist
Medical Services & Supplies*
- $10,000 per calendar year(s) for private duty nursing services
- $500 per 5 calendar year(s) for hearing aids
- $150 per calendar year(s) for Stock-item Orthopedic Shoes
- 4 per calendar year for surgical brassieres
- $250 per lifetime for wigs and hairpieces
- $400 per calendar year for surgical stockings
- Semi-Private Room
Medical & Non-Medical Travel Emergencies*
- Emergency Medical Coverage
- Non-Emergency medical coverage
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Approximately 4 to 6 hours of short-term counseling for an unlimited number of issues (by phone, online or in-person)
Benefits may vary depending on the geographical location where you work.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please reach out to the hiring manager.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications.