Application Closing Date: August 13, 2021
Girlboss is a community of strong, curious, and ambitious women redefining success on our own terms. We hope to inform, entertain, and inspire action through the content and experiences we create. We are unapologetic in our beliefs and values of supporting girls and women who are chasing dreams both big and small in a shame-free zone.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers and infinite learners, under promising and over delivering and having fun along the way.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, this individual will be responsible for driving the Girlboss mission and vision by creating content, shaping editorial strategy and organically adding value to our community across multiple channels. This isn’t your typical writing opportunity: with over 2 million followers across social media, this is a unique chance to empower women in their careers through relatable, humorous, and educational content that helps them feel seen.
We are looking for an individual who is a curious, passionate storyteller and wants to express it through the creation of engaging, insightful and relatable content. Your role, in a nutshell, will be helping us write and edit blog articles, landing pages, social copy and newsletters.
The Girlboss editorial team is growing quickly and we’re looking for a creative and innovative person to work alongside the Editorial Director to tell truly great stories.
You should have writing experience in a similar capacity and a passion for intersectional feminism. You’re big on empowering women and amplifying voices.
- Manage and maintain the editorial content calendar across multiple channels: blog, newsletter, podcast, social media as well as any future channels
- Produce high quality, on-brand stories that deliver value to our core audience of 2+ million (with support from freelance talent when needed)
- Capture a variety of metrics to measure the value and performance of our content, and retool our approach based on those results
- Participate in weekly, monthly and/or quarterly editorial brainstorms
- Develop share-worthy pitches and article ideas and participate in weekly/monthly editorial brainstorms
- Conduct research to support your writing and always stay on the lookout for what’s new and next
- Curate informative, interesting and engaging articles from around the web on a regular basis
- Drive an editorial strategy to grow the Girlboss brand, drive traffic, and engage our audience
- Analyze content performance and make adjustments/recommendations based on data
- Maintain the Girlboss brand identity across all channels
- Manage and track creative requests and project briefs, ensuring deadlines are met
- Relentlessly evangelize the Girlboss mission and vision to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and greater business community
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of professional writing experience (editorial & content, social media, SEO, SEM, website content, and ability to use digital tools)
- High-quality writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Intuitive understanding of themes and topics that matter to ambitious and career-driven women
- Experience working in media a plus
- Always on top of the latest social media features, news, and trends
- Ability to write compelling content under a deadline
- Ability to write content with a marketing mindset
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We are growing fast and hiring currently for multiple positions. We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please reach out to the hiring manager.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications