We are Black Rifle Coffee Company, a veteran-owned company serving premium coffee to people who love America. We have a passion for coffee, the veteran community, dogs, the outdoors… in short, if it makes our country awesome, then we love it.
Our customers always come first, because without them we would have nothing. They have our eternal gratitude for that. We sell awesome coffee and make goofy videos, but the beating heart of Black Rifle Coffee is really in giving back — it’s about serving those who serve us.
That means supporting the military, veteran, and first responder communities in the ways we know best. As far as the folks who work here, we value integrity, innovation, radical transparency, a crazy good work ethic, and a deep love for our country and each other.
Black Rifle Coffee Company is experiencing explosive growth and seeks to hire a Staff Writer for its outdoor website Free Range American to help expand the quality and quantity of content the site publishes. This role is equal parts diligent reporter and passionate storyteller. This position is for a motivated reporter who is comfortable developing sources, conducting original research, and writing daily news stories in the outdoor space.
- Pitch, report, and write timely, accurate, and interesting stories on a daily basis that are relevant to the hunting, fishing, shooting, gear, conservation, and outdoor community.
- Work with a small but highly motivated team of editors.
- Assist with photography, video production, and social media as needed.
- Build their own SEO-optimized stories in the website CMS according to FRA style and SOPs.
- Associate’s degree in journalism, creative writing, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a journalist who is comfortable reporting daily news, with a portfolio to prove it.
- At least one year experience working with digital content.
- Ability to recognize stories with high potential for a digital audience.
- Comfortable with AP style guidelines.
- Proficient with Google Docs, Google Sheets, MS Word, MS Excel, and WordPress.
- Experience and willingness to traveling on assignment to both domestic and foreign destinations.
- Proficient with a camera — both still photography and video.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- An eye for headlines that work on digital platforms.
- Working knowledge of SEO concepts and practice.
- Excellent organizational skills; comfortable working with a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Comfortable working in a competitive environment to produce the best stories possible.
- Comfortable with a high up-tempo, including but not limited to filing one or more article per business day.
Please note that only Full Time, W2 Employees are eligible for Black Rifle Coffee Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision package
- 401k with company match
- Company-paid life insurance + supplemental options
- Short and Long-Term disability options/coverage
- Extensive EAP program with legal coverage
- Pro-deal discounts with corporate partners in outdoor equipment, clothing, etc.
- American values-based culture built on freedom, integrity, accountability, respect, love, and commitment to serve those who have served.
BRCC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. All selected candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.