We are Black Rifle Coffee Company, a veteran-owned company serving premium, fresh-roasted coffee to people who love America. We have a love for coffee, dogs, the outdoors, America, and most importantly, our customers! We are more than a product and more than a company; we are a culture. A culture full of motivated men and women who roll up their sleeves and get the job done with integrity, love, innovation, and radical transparency. Join us as we take action on our commitment to provide quality coffee and give back to the veteran and first responder communities and those who support it.
We are looking to add a staff writer for our Coffee or Die online publication specifically for our Military Intelligence and Veteran verticals, respectively, to help expand the quality and quantity of content published every month. This role is equal parts diligent reporter and passionate storyteller. This role will work closely with the Sr Editor, reporters, and freelancers, and will perform thorough research on various topics and have a keen eye for detail.
- Pitch, report, and write timely, accurate, and interesting articles on a daily basis that are relevant to the military, veteran, and first responder communities.
- Performing research on different topics
- Analyzing and interpreting findings by breaking down data
- Uncovering newsworthy stories
- Work with a small but highly motivated team of editors.
- Assist with photography and video production as needed.
- Perform research on different topics
- Analyze and interpret findings by breaking down data
- Uncover newsworthy stories
- Interview key people (witnesses, sources, etc.)
- Write content with readers needs in mind
- Ensure your pieces are accurate and objective
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Maintain notes in written or electronic form
- Contribute to content idea generation for publication
- Stay up-to-date with local, national, and international affairs
- Must be comfortable in dynamic and possibly dangerous situations
- Associate’s degree in journalism, creative writing, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience as a journalist that is comfortable producing daily content, with a portfolio to prove it
- At least one year of experience working with digital content.
- Ability to recognize stories with high potential for a digital audience.
- Comfortable with AP style guidelines.
- Proficient with Google Docs, Google Sheets, MS Word, MS Excel, and WordPress.
- Understands the BRCC brand and military/first responder culture.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- An eye for headlines that work on digital platforms.
- Working knowledge of SEO concepts.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision package
- Company-paid life insurance + supplemental options
- Short and Long-Term disability options/coverage
- Extensive EAP program with legal coverage
- Dog-friendly and irreverently humorous work environment
- American values-based culture built on freedom, integrity, accountability, respect, love, and commitment to serve those who have served.
BRCC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. All selected candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.