Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. LovetoKnow.com is a growing internet content site that aims to help people solve problems, get advice, and find information from authoritative experts. If you are an antiques collector, appraiser, or have other expertise in antiques and vintage collectibles, with a background that also includes writing, we want to meet you!
This is a part-time, telecommuting, employee position offering 10 hours per week. Writers create high quality content that addresses readers’ needs and adheres to LTK guidelines.
Why You Want This Job
- LoveToKnow brings Silicon Valley ways all over the world.
- LoveToKnow operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers.
- You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest-growing brand names on the net.
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
As a LoveToKnow Staff Writer, You Will
- Write consistently high-quality articles that address the needs and queries of our readers
- Ensure that all articles are written in a manner consistent with LTK guidelines
- Work on fixing older content, which includes updating and rewriting existing articles
- Work within system-generated deadlines to ensure timeliness
- Keep an accurate record of time worked
- Communicate with the rest of the editorial team as needed
- Attend regular (virtual) meetings
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions on LTK.com as well as other LoveToKnow Corp. properties
- Allot time each week for working on personal authority/branding
- A strong background in antiques and vintage collectibles
- Minimum of one year professional writing experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with writing for the web audience
- Expert qualifications for assigned topic channels
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Associated Press (AP) style
- Ability to keep an accurate time sheet
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different article types