If you're looking for a unique opportunity to establish a Technical Documentation organisation with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on Payroc's growth and industry-changing strategic objectives - read on.
At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What We're Obsessive About
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues, and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
We're looking for an experienced and passionate writer responsible for bootstrapping our Technical Documentation centre-of-excellence. Someone who will design, establish and execute upon newly defined methods, standards, and practices to pursue simple, compelling, and customer-first content. You will continually refine the approach to ensure accurate, appropriate, and engaging content – achieving customer delight.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, practice, and enforce all aspects of the technical documentation lifecycle (create, manage, publish, measure effectiveness and iteratively improve to reach desirable outcome).
- Select and rollout authoring/tooling, style guides, documentation management, and standards/practices.
- Lead efforts to establish the Payroc Developer ecosystem, initially focusing on API portal/documentation, tutorials, and code samples.
- Oversee improvements to our Help Center. You'll be responsible for working cross- functionally to ensure that our website and information architecture are optimised and cohesive, creating a frictionless experience for customers and enabling them to self- serve answers to their questions.
- Other initiatives will include formally introducing user guides and tutorials, support content, release notes, and product documentation into our value-delivery lifecycle.
- Continually suggest innovations/improvements for work processes.
- Actively seek out opportunities to reuse work and collaborate with other efforts.
- Contribute a user perspective and constructive criticism to product design while demonstrating ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to professional debate and partake in implementation toward change (e.g., corporate policy, process, or task-related modifications).
- Effectively edit documentation and other information products for non-documentation colleagues.
- Impart knowledge to the less experienced in areas of expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years' experience in a related position.
- Demonstrated experience establishing a Technical Documentation lifecycle addressing the key elements of authoring/tooling, style guides, documentation management, and standards/practices.
- Possess a mastery of technical writing tools and editing: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, understanding (or intuition!) of the rules of grammar and usage.
- You love learning new tools and programming languages, and you continuously push the boundaries to produce engaging content. You will blaze the trail for Payroc users by using new capabilities to create scenario-based documentation and examples that delight our customers.
- Knowledge/expertise with Adobe Framemaker, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Captivate or other CBT authoring tools, Snagit, or other screen capture/editing tools required.
- Working knowledge of Markdown, DITA XML, and topic-based writing.
- Strong familiarity with current web technologies (browsers, servers, XML/XSL, protocols).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize complex material.
- Strong aptitude to successfully manage concurrent deliverables on time and with quality within fast-paced environment and under deadlines.