Join a supportive and collaborative team of writers and editors dedicated to building high-quality content for customers who use Splunk software.
Technical writers on our team play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly. Our customers include software developers, site reliability engineers, and technical operations teams.
As a technical writer at Splunk, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment, collaborating daily with software engineers, product managers, other technical writers, and editors. In our Agile environment, you will be continuously updating your content with improvements and new features.
To succeed in this role, you must be a confident writer of enterprise software documentation who is passionate about learning new concepts and clearly explaining complex technologies. This position offers continuous learning and frequent direct interaction with enthusiastic customers who rely on Splunk documentation every day to accomplish their goals.
This is a remote position located in the US or Canada. You must be able to work West Coast time zone (PST) hours. You can also be based in a Splunk office if you prefer.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Craft and maintain high-quality documentation associated with Splunk APM product offerings.
- Work closely with technical and support staff to ensure that conceptual and instructional documentation for implementing and using the product is accurate, complete, and well-organized.
- Participate in planning documentation projects with engineering teams and product management.
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set so that both new and advanced users can easily find information relevant to their requirements, use cases, and environments.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- A minimum of 8 years in a technical writer role.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working as a lead writer in a collaborative writing team.
- Experience delivering high-quality documentation for constantly evolving early-stage products.
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate prescriptive guidance targeted at developers or infrastructure and operations engineering teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with both onsite and remote team members working in multiple time zones.
- Experience using Git as a version management tool, including working with branches, creating pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant professional experience.
- Experience using and documenting application management or monitoring products, targeting multiple audiences, output formats, and use cases.
- Experience installing and configuring cloud infrastructure and services.
- Experience building documentation using Sphinx, reStructuredText, and Read the Docs.
- Experience mentoring and coaching other writers.