Founded in 2007, Quimbee is one of the most widely used and respected study aids for law students. With a massive and growing library of case briefs, video lessons, definitions, and practice questions, Quimbee helps its members achieve academic success in law school. Quimbee can be accessed on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
The position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
Quimbee is seeking to hire a staff author to help grow our massive content library.
As a staff author, you must be a master at breaking down difficult concepts and stating them simply. You will be expected to author a wide range of study-aid content, such as scripts, multiple-choice questions, issue spotters, flashcards, and case summaries. In effect, you will serve as a legal educator. You will work collaboratively with Quimbee's editorial team to ensure the highest possible quality standards.
Who You Are
- A smart lawyer: You love the law. You were a star student in law school. You genuinely enjoy reading and dissecting case law. You have a knack for breaking down difficult concepts and explaining them clearly and concisely.
- An outstanding writer: You’re passionate about good writing. In addition to your substantive knowledge, you bring a mastery of grammar, spelling, and style guides. You could teach composition 101 at a top university.
- An excellent communicator: You communicate clearly, effectively, and politely with your teammates. In fact, you believe in “overcommunicating,” because you understand that lack of communication is the root cause of a dysfunctional team.
- A detail-oriented, tech-savvy, self-starter: You’re comfortable with technology generally and eager to learn. You’re disciplined and motivated and the kind of person who doesn’t need someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re doing your job.
- A fun person: You don’t lose your cool. You bring out the best in the people around you. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can make and take a joke.
- Research case law and dissect it so all legally relevant information is extracted
- Draft concise and legally accurate case law summaries
- Prepare case scripts based on summaries, utilizing a writing tone that is casual and narration friendly
- Participate in the editorial process
- Graduate of an ABA accredited law school
- 8+ years of professional experience in legal education and/or publishing
- Native fluency in English
- Attention to detail
- Strong feelings about the Oxford comma
- Excellent communication skills
- High-speed internet connection
- JD from a Tier 1 law school
- Graduation at the top of your class
- Journal or law review experience
- Publication history
100% remote. That's one of the biggies. No more commute.
Profit share. We set aside a percentage of profits each year and then pay them out equally across the entire team.
Group health-insurance coverage.
401k matching up to 4% (100% matching up to 3% and 50% between 3% and 5%).
Unlimited paid time off. Our philosophy is that if you feel you need time off (for example, because of overwork, sickness, personal matters, etc.), we're not going to question that. We just ask that you don't abuse it and that you give us at least two weeks notice if you plan to be away.