We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer at Nylas. You’ll be joining an amazingly talented team that includes another technical writer and a UX writer. We believe documentation is a product in and of itself that is crucial to a delightful developer journey.
Documentation is part of the Product team and you’ll report to the Technical Writing Manager. At Nylas, you’ll have a lot of say over not only the content, but the developer experience as a whole.
The ideal candidate is a product-minded technical expert who is adept at creating high-value, technical content that inspires, engages, and assists developers at all stages of the technology evaluation process, from discovery to implementation. You are an expert communicator, passionate about building and sharing knowledge with developers, and can dive into code at a moment’s notice.
- Write and maintain API documentation using Open API 3.0.
- Work closely with our Developer Advocate team to create an amazing developer experience.
- Build sample applications, demos, and code tutorials that closely match our target customers’ use cases.
- Work cross-functionally with customers, sales, marketing, customer success, and engineering to create the documentation our developers need.
- Create a polished and delightful docs experience for developers who are integrating with the Nylas platform.
- Write and maintain articles. We typically follow the Diátaxis Framework.
- Create release notes.
- 4+ years’ experience writing technical documentation for a developer audience.
- Experience writing API documentation is a huge bonus.
- Ability to work on a distributed team.
- Strong technical acumen; you can read and write code.
- Experience with Node, Java,Ruby, or Python.
- Comfortable working in a docs-as-code environment and writing documentation in markdown.