At Fauna, we're helping developers build fearlessly by providing a secure, operations-free and maintenance-free, serverless data API with global consistency. We're disrupting a $40B+ operational database market, and we’re just getting started. We have 25,000+ developers using our product. You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies, globally-distributed systems, contributed to popular open source projects, and worked at engineering leaders like Twitter, Okta, Elastic, Microsoft, and Oracle.
We have a great opportunity for a senior technical writer. In this role, you'll create developer guides, in-depth documentation on product features and API reference materials. You'll also continuously improve existing documentation based on customer feedback and engineering progress. You will work directly with the development teams in a cross-functional, distributed environment. Your technical background will enable you to work effectively with software development engineers, product managers and other teams. Your demonstrated ability as a strong communicator will help you as you deliver high-quality technical publications .
What You Will Do
- Drive the strategy and planning for product documentation in collaboration with engineering teams
- Define and plan content projects, set targets, and measure the success and effectiveness of deliverables as you leverage agile development methodology
- Design, organize, draft, and edit technical documentation for developers
- Develop code samples and interactive tutorials that will help developers acclimate quickly, and solve querying and data modeling problems
- Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content
- Assist the documentation team in the development and enforcement of stylistic guidelines
- Install and configure complex development environments to test and improve your content
- Help Fauna build an amazing company through contributing lessons learned, supporting internal projects, and automating “all the things”
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Journalism, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
- Demonstrated ability to apply information architecture techniques
- Familiarity with databases (relational, document-oriented, key-value stores, etc.), distributed systems, SaaS, or serverless development
- Experience with JSON, XML, and other data file formats as well as Git and branching workflows
- Knowledge of static site generator, such as Antora, Jekyll, Hugo, or Gatsby
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup building the data API for client-serverless applications. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, many more leading Silicon Valley firms. We are a fully distributed company with team members all over the world.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for customers to utilize and deploy FaunaDB both in the cloud and on prem. If you are that type of person, we want to hear from you! Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.