Remote candidates considered! Come join our close-knit documentation team and write outstanding developer documentation for Alexa skill builders and device makers. We educate developers and device manufacturers who use our APIs, services, tools, and code samples to build world-class experiences for Alexa.
To be successful in this role, you will be a first user of the technology, putting yourself in the developer's shoes and understanding what the developer needs to achieve. You demonstrate excellent writing skills, communicating complex ideas clearly and concisely. You are comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and are a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for excellent documentation.
· Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, Learning Technology, or related field
· 5+ years of experience writing documentation for a developer audience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
· A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
· Expertise with markdown, HTML, and CSS
· Experience with writing in a structured authoring environment
· Ability to conceptualize technical and functional content into something creative that developers enjoy using
· Obsessive about technical accuracy
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation