Great creative copywriters aren’t thesauruses. They don’t think in terms of synonyms. Great copywriters think in terms of concepts. There is a bigger picture, a specific tone, a specific reader – and everything works within that context, in that moment.
We are looking for great creative copywriters to join the Surprise.com creative team. We will look to you to craft world-class, incredibly witty, modern and punchy, conversational, micro and macro... copy. We’re a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You will be part of something big.
What will you be doing?
You will work with other creators, marketers, and business leaders, and heavily influence the creative direction of our brand – so aspiring Creative Directors preferred;
This will be a hands-on role, working on everything from:
- All public-facing brand elements;
- In-app product / microcopy;
- 360 advertising campaigns;
- Marketing collateral;
- Website/Landing Pages.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. marketing, literature, creative writing, journalism, etc.);
- 5+ years as a copywriter for an advertising agency or in-house;
- Experience in 360 direct response ad campaigns and/or digital marketing;
- An up-to-date portfolio showcasing your work.
What skills will come in handy?
- Microcopy expert, with short blurb or product experience;
- A desire to work with a highly collaborative in-house team;
- An appetite for problem-solving in a landscape that changes quickly;
- Longer form script writing for commercials / digital video;
- Standup comedy experience.
Test task requirement
There will be a short (15-min max) creative exercise with no right or wrong answers, unrelated to our business. This helps us understand how you think, brainstorm, and where your mind is willing to wander for a great concept.
COMPLETE THE TEST TASK HERE
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer driven – engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end user experience. We’re also home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
- A team of extraordinary people, working hard to better themselves and further our mission;
- Competitive comp and equity;
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision;
- And, of course, we get Surprises internally.