Seeking a Sr. Copywriter to support all of our brand & marketing efforts. You'll be responsible for creating original copy across all digital touch-points—including campaigns, landing pages, social, video, and email—as well as all physical touch-points—including product and shade names, packaging copy, and visual merchandising. This is a cross-functional role that works with teams across the organization. The ideal candidate has 7+ years of copy-writing experience, with at least 3 years working in the beauty industry; is very detail-oriented, while also keeping the big picture in mind; and thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment. Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you! This position is remote.
- Partners closely with the Creative Director and Marketing team to develop our brand voice and create original beauty storytelling concepts.
- Owns and implements the brand voice across all touch-points.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and sees the big-picture of messaging hierarchies; recognizes what the business needs, and anticipates the needs of cross-functional partners, asks the right questions to get the information needed to make an informed decision.
- Examines various types of project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and copy requests.
- Takes ownership of deadlines and follows project schedules and updates. Deliverables include:
- Brand: Voice Blueprint
- Product Copy: Naming, Messaging, Packaging Copy
- Dot-Com: P-Page Copy, Blog Copy, Emails
- Marketing: Deliver taglines and campaign concept copy, write copy for all marketing collateral
- Social: Partner with social team to write captions, develop campaign messaging and hashtags as needed
- Video: Writes scripts, both on-screen text and VO; can support video production on-set with editing scripts for teleprompter and talent
- Education: Partner with education content manager on education copy needs
- In-Store: Leverage product messaging taglines and copy for visual merchandise/in-store signage
- Communicates with legal and regulatory to ascertain and communicate legal/regulatory risk to brand/marketing groups.
- Oversees translation/localization requests for the brand.
- Partners with the design team to ensure copy is correctly flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions.
- Stays current on beauty industry trends, social trends and competitors.
- Minimum of 7 years of copy-writing experience and 3 years of beauty experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience writing across traditional and digital channels.
- Curiosity, intellect, and a passion for great ideas and clever storytelling; ability to bring them to life is essential.
- The ideal candidate has a mix of editorial (i.e. magazines, newspapers), client-side, and agency experience.
- College degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English or a similar field (4 years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a college degree).