Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date, is based in Oakland, California and Dallas,Texas with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We’ve built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We’re nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
- Be customer obsessed.
- Act like an owner, because you are one.
- Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
- All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
- Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
- Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is looking to hire a Sr Content Strategist & Copywriter. This marketer will own all product and marketing copy across Roofstock’s family of products. They will develop a clear and evergreen content strategy to elevate Roofstock’s brand(s) and enable various product and channel strategies to support Roofstock’s goals while engaging our various unique audiences. Our ideal candidate is an exceptional writer and creative with a remarkable skill for product positioning and the ability to make the complex seem simple.
This candidate also has strong project and program management skills, supporting various engaging project across the company. This role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a hyper-growth company and make a significant impact.
What You Will Do
- Define user types using customer research and develop a communication strategy that specifically addresses each unique audience, their aspirations, etc. in order to write persuasively for each
- Develop a Marketing content library (messaging, imagery, graphic assets, etc.) in partnership with Legal/Design that supports scalable campaign creation
- Champion and guide Roofstock’s brand voice in line with overall brand strategy and architecture
- Develop and deliver an annual, evergreen content strategy and calendar that enables channel, brand and onsite merchandising strategies
- Produce assets that support various marketing strategies, working with both internal teams (product, design, business development) and external teams (agencies, freelancers) to deliver bar-raising content to engage and educate users
- Partner with Product and Product Marketing teams to ensure simplicity in user flows, clear CTAs and language, etc.
- Conduct competitive research and benchmarking to identify Roofstock’s content strength and opportunities, making recommendations on improvements
- Work cross-functionally with designers, legal, ops and other marketing stakeholders to ensure appropriate review and approvals for all copy, orchestrating every detail.
What You Bring With You
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 5-7 years as a copywriter or content specialist for a successful consumer products or services organization
- A natural curiosity to test, measure, learn and iterate to get the best results possible
- Strong communication, time management and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience managing other writers, PR and other outside agencies
- A strong focus on results in the form of product conversion rates, engagement, CTRs, sales, etc
- Team player attitude with good follow through.
For Our Regular Full-Time Roles We Offer a Great Benefits Package
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Supplemental bonus to support “work from home” office needs
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
- We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Virtual company-sponsored outings.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.