Silverback Strategies is a high-performance marketing agency located in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. We take culture seriously. Silverback has won best places to work awards from Ad Age, Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian and The Washington Business Journal.
We’re focused on growth — for our clients, company and staff. We’ve made the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the country each year since 2014. Our success is based on our people, a growing collection of A-plus performers who thrive in our environment.
We have a tight-knit team that’s high-energy, competitive and fun. It’s like working at a startup, minus the uncertainty. We live by our motto: we’re in this together.
Today, we’re ready to add a Sr. Content Marketing Manager to our team.
As the Senior Content Marketing Manager at Silverback Strategies, you will play a key role in strategizing, developing, executing and measuring content marketing programs for new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will have experience as both a strong creative leader and project manager.
Ideal candidates will have proven content strategy and measurement experience; a strong writing portfolio; a minimum of three to five years’ experience in content creation, content marketing, content measurement and client communication; and excellent project management skills.
What You'll Do
- Serve as primary content marketing liaison for Silverback clients, developing editorial strategy, content development and production calendar
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop ideas from scratch, support, and write original content that can be utilized across multiple marketing channels
- Collaborate on content projects with internal teams and external partners while producing and delivering excellent work on budget and on deadline
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure effective distribution and strategic amplification of content for maximum reach and business impact
- Provide concepts, ideas and action plans to support content marketing, SEO and Paid Search/Media projects with client success as a top priority
- Provide sales support by auditing and evaluating prospects’ content marketing programs
- Maintain a thorough understanding of cutting-edge content, digital marketing and advertising trends
- Make strategic recommendations regarding tools and opportunities related to lead generation, lead nurturing, marketing automation, social media, and content management
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years experience in content marketing, journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or a related field (serious candidates have previous agency experience)
- Proven ability to successfully manage client relationships and projects
- A strong portfolio of successful content projects that you have managed, overseen or created
- A thorough understanding of content/inbound marketing, social media marketing, email marketing and related software (relevant certifications are a plus)
- A solid understanding of digital marketing, SEO and paid media concepts, particularly how they relate to content programs
- Very strong communication skills and a willingness to both delegate and collaborate
- Strong editing skills with great attention to detail
- A team player approach; willing to pitch in when needed
Silverback Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. If you believe you meet the qualifications for the position, then we invite you to apply. We celebrate the free flow of conversation, ideas and opinions at Silverback, but actions such as bullying, discrimination, harassment or retaliation of any kind are strictly prohibited in our workplace. We are committed to providing a safe, open and accommodating environment that allows all of our team members to thrive. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, disability, family, genetic information, origin, race, religion, sex. For more information, we invite you to visit eeoc.gov.