Giddy is a new sexual health platform that’s starting a discussion regarding the issues that few of us grew up discussing.
We're looking for a special projects editor to oversee long-form stories, investigations and editorial series that include custom art, specialized digital design and video content. Giddy is looking to expand our portfolio of deeply reported in-depth articles as well as launch new series that are closely tied to promotions on social media and in our newsletter.
The ideal candidate will have a background in traditional journalism with experience in multimedia presentation and social media.
This position works out of the Giddy office in East Austin. Candidates must be local to the Austin area or willing to relocate.
- Work with the managing editor to design and launch investigative stories that explore how sexual health topics intersect with the healthcare industry, social justice and culture at large.
- Work with the development and art teams to conceptualize unique presentation for these articles including original artwork and illustrations as well as interactive features, videos, graphs and charts.
- Maintain and launch new series and engaging lists that draw readers to Giddy’s coverage via social media and newsletters.
- Recruit, mentor and manage a diverse stable of freelance writers.
- At least 5 years of experience in journalism, including as an assignment editor in a newsroom or magazine setting
- Experience managing a team and working across teams
- Some experience in social media strategy and promoting stories
- Excellent story development and line-editing skills
- Comfort with topics related to sex and sexuality
- Existing network of writers
- Experience working with data sets and visual presentation
- Familiarity with design and development customization
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.