Have you excelled at managing and growing a social media following? Do you love creating intriguing tweets and catchy headlines? Are you on top of the latest best practices for Instagram? Are you looking for a role at a mission-driven organization, partnering with entrepreneurs and investors to solve the world’s biggest health challenges like ending cancer and curing disease? If you answered YES, we want to meet you!
StartUp Health is hiring a Social Media & Marketing Coordinator to help grow and increase the engagement of our media platform, including social channels, our blog, and multiple newsletters that broadcast stories of health moonshot progress of our 250+ active portfolio companies, collectively reaching over 250k industry stakeholders.
While healthcare experience isn’t required, the right candidate will share our passion to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. The right candidate will be a natural writer, comfortable crafting social posts, drafting newsletters, and contributing to our video and podcast series.
The right candidate will be well versed in social media, with a deep interest in optimizing audience reach through content, tone, and design. And because StartUp Health produces a broad range of content across nearly a dozen verticals every week, the right person will be organized and detail-oriented, with an exceptional level of follow-through.
- Drafting and publishing social media content for StartUp Health’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts
- Organizing, scheduling, and tracking social content through collaborative platforms like HootSuite and AirTable based on editorial calendar details
- Interviewing entrepreneurs and writing articles for StartUp Health’s blog and repurposing content for podcast and video
- Supporting event promotion, production, and post-production via graphics, slide design, and video elements
- Compiling web analytics reports along with recommendations for areas of improvement
- Collaborating with media freelancers on video, podcast, and design projects
- Assisting with ad hoc editorial tasks and broader team efforts as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Loves spending their day creating content across social channels; crafting intriguing and relevant tweets, posts, stories, and other content to share the progress of our entrepreneurs working to achieve health moonshots
- Has successfully grown a personal or professional following and understands the unique habits and audience demographics of social channels including Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Self-starter with a make it happen mentality, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Has an eye for design and is comfortable using software including Adobe, Canva, and Sketch
- Has the utmost attention to detail. You are a master proofreader and enjoy finding and fixing the most minor grammatical errors
- Makes decisions driven by data and looks to optimize content and run experiments based on past successes and failures, and you’re able to interpret analytics and share recommendations
- Comfortable with software platforms including HootSuite, AirTable, Google Docs, and CRM tools
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in marketing, communications, or a related field
About StartUp Health
At StartUp Health, we are impact-driven entrepreneurs and investors building a global army of thousands of Health Transformers collaborating to achieve health moonshots --- from ending cancer and curing disease, like diabetes and Alzheimer’s, to delivering quality care to everyone in the world regardless of location or income.
We believe that investing in and supporting a diversified global portfolio of health moonshot companies is the key to improving the health and wellbeing of humanity, while also generating healthy financial returns for investors. Since 2012, we’ve made more than 380 investments in companies across 26 countries, and currently have a portfolio of 260+ active companies.
We have a flexible, work-from-anywhere policy as our team is fully remote, with hubs in New York City, San Francisco, and Baltimore. We are open to candidates across the U.S. Benefits include health insurance and long-term disability coverage, 401k with employer matching, employee stock options, and generous time off policy including paid holidays.