Work from Anywhere -Talented people don’t need to live near our offices in Winnipeg and Portland to do great work. In fact, they don’t even need to be in the same time zone. That’s why we’ve cultivated a remote-first culture. We trust our people to do their best no matter where they are. And we go to great lengths to keep our employees feeling connected.
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Full time
- Reporting to: Associate Creative Director of Content
- Direct Reports: None
At Think Shift, we believe in building jobs around people. Our talented team of multi-disciplined creators and strategists have one thing in common: the desire to realize their own potential. We help our clients do the same.
As one of the largest ag-focused agencies in the world, we help agriculture and agri-food organizations imagine their future then re-invent themselves accordingly. Our people have a head for logic and a heart for magic, and our clients engage us to help them think strategically and craft the stories that will propel them forward. Through our progressive approach to leadership development, strategic planning, corporate culture, brand development and marketing, we help ag leaders see their true potential and leverage change to bring their traditional brands into the new world.
We’re looking for creative and strategic minds who share our desire to find and realize potential for ourselves and for our clients. Let’s get in touch.
Who We’re Looking For
Think Shift is looking for a talented Copywriter to join our award-winning creative team.
- Predominantly, you’ve got great social’ skills. A wealth of experience and strong focus on writing for social (including search copy)
- You have the ability to understand and write in various brand voices and can easily switch back and forth between them
- You believe good copy is founded in strategy and always consider your target audience, brand positioning, and key messaging
- You like coming up with good ideas and possess the confidence to successfully present and execute them
- While you are a self-starter who recognizes the need to put your head down and get things done, you also collaborate well with others and believe in a team approach
- You write with purpose and defend your work
- Your two favorite questions are why? And how? But you’ve found other ways to ask them to avoid redundancy
- Reading your old work makes you want to vomit
- You don’t like this posting because it has too many bullets and could have been shorter
What You’ll Be Doing
80% – Copywriting and Content Creation
- Write clear, compelling copy with a specialized focus in social and digital, over other more traditional styles
- Collaborating with project leads, teams and clients to ensure creative concepts, tactics, tone and voice are on-brand
10% – Concept Development
- Brainstorming with project teams and clients to come up with ideas for campaigns, creative and copy
- Actively identifying and defining new creative possibilities for clients
10% – Miscellaneous
- Participate in client and agency meetings when appropriate
- Contribute ideas to help the agency run more efficiently and generate more business.
- Assist in the development of creative briefs by working with internal teams and client teams to define concepts, identify target audiences, and kickstart the creative process
- Participating in and contributing to the new business activities of the agency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- 3-4 years of experience with writing for a variety of media (ad copy, online, social, digital, search, journalism, technical writing, script writing, etc.)
- Proven ability to conceptualize and craft copy for a variety of audiences, brands and industries, specifically for rural and farmer audiences (portfolio required)
Functional (Technical Skills)
- Technical proficiency in editing and proofreading
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized individual with strong follow-through
- Strong presentation skills, both internally and client facing
Behavioural (Soft Skills)
- Ability to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines simultaneously
- A drive for continuous learning and ability to inspire others with creativity
- Self-motivated and proactive individual
- Strong team player with an ability to take criticism and learn from it
- Commitment to quality and detail, with an everything matters approach
- A good all-around person who can practice our core values of accountability, transparency, stewardship and teamwork to enable personal growth and a healthy culture
In order to be considered for this position a portfolio must be submitted with your application. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Think Shift provides an attractive, market-researched comprehensive compensation plan, which includes base salary and company bonus. Employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage
- Semi-annual bonuses (based on Company performance)
- Flexible work arrangements (work from anywhere)
- Year-round opportunities for internal and external training and development programs
Please note accepted applicants must provide satisfactory proof of vaccination at time of offer. Lack of documentation will result in withdrawal of application.