We are seeking a Content Writer and Editor for Teaching EFL, focusing on our online social media community, to join our team. This position is responsible for producing content for social media live sessions, recorded videos, and posts. You would take part as an Open English brand ambassador. This exciting opportunity requires that you be flexible, passionate about content creation, able to work quickly, and comfortable being on camera. We will look to you to create valuable content targeting our online community to generate brand awareness, engagement, and a sense of community.
- Develop, write, and edit educational material for live sessions, and record short videos each week including your original content, promotion scripts provided by marketing, product videos, social media stories, workshops, and Q&A sessions.
- Write and appear weekly on Facebook Live to teach an English class to a Brazilian Portuguese-speaking audience.
- Write grammar-based and EFL instructional blog posts.
- Online brand ambassador, including an active presence in our online communities such as Facebook.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 years teaching experience or Bachelor’s degree required
- Holds Teaching English as a Foreign Language certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc.) with courses of 120+ hours and practicum preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years prior experience teaching English, preferably as a second language, online experience preferred .
- Excellent editing skills in American English (grammar, spelling, and punctuation) required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Be very familiar with and have the ability to apply the CEFR to instructional material.
- Comfortable in front of a camera, have a friendly disposition, and be able to answer grammar questions on the spot.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in Portugese ( Writing not mandatory).
- High degree of professionalism.
- Must have a dedicated, private workspace.
- Must have a reliable, high-speed (at least 2Mbps) internet connection.
- Must have a webcam and headset with microphone (Not mandatory).
- Highly creative, innovative, can-do mindset, able to explain concepts in videos with proper spelling, grammar, verbiage, and tools to effectively deliver a message.
- Previous ESL teaching or related teaching experiences preferred.
- Basic but not limited familiarity with short-form online video platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, Facebook.
- Passionate about teaching and creating fun, educational, and story-telling videos.
- Dedicated, consistent, and committed to create quality video lessons regularly.
- Self-starter and impeccable communicator who think outside of the box.
- Strong problem-solver who is not afraid to ask for help when needed.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time.