Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Content & Social Lead to help us scale our organic content machine, both on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn mostly) and with long-form content designed to engage and convert prospects. As the third hire on the marketing team, you'll have a big opportunity to influence and shape our product, brand tone and messaging, and our team culture. You'll report directly to our Head of Marketing, Nick Abouzeid.
What You'll Do
- Own our social medias. We only get paid when our customers do – help us champion our 1000+ customer's successes across social media. We're most active on Twitter and LinkedIn now, but that'll change soon 🚀
- Help shape our brand tone. We're a young company and still defining how we speak to our customers publicly and privately, help us lock down and scale our tone across the marketing, sales, design, and product orgs.
- Author longform content that founders will love. Everything from case studies, to easily-digestible histories of specific tax credits, all the way to broad startup-friendly guides & explainers, there's tons of flexibility here.. You'll play a key role in shaping our content strategy (working closely with Nick, who used to run content & marketing at Product Hunt and AngelList).
What We're Looking For
- 3–5 years of experience of content or social media experience at a tech company (please include a link to a Twitter or LinkedIn account you've run & are proud of, even if, and especially if it's your personal account).
- Copy-writing master. You should love everything about words.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (sales, product, etc.)
- Ability to drive content from outlines or bullets into fully-polished articles or posts
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
You Will Thrive If
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You love long writing sessions with few interruptions – we'll make sure you have the time to really dig into the content
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy explaining complex histories and products into easily digestible chunks
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.